Dick's Sporting Goods to destroy all unsold guns

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Their stocks are down, bet they are out of business in a year or two, they will try to Cater their pansy shit to the Fruitcakes

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
measure-it I agree with you to a point. Where I depart from that thinking is when I can not find what I want anywhere in North Dakota. It gives me a pain, but then I have used Amazon. Also sometimes the rip off is just too much and they don't deserve our support. I'll give you an example. Last time the thermocoupler went out on my gas fireplace a new on in North Dakota cost me $30. I recently installed a new one that I purchased from Amazon for $7.99 and it was the same brand. Now if it was $25 locally and $20 at Amazon I would consider donating the $5. However, I believe we support each other and when the price difference is that much they are not supporting us they are shafting us. I buy locally when I can and if it doesn't make me feel like a sucker. Like buying cars in Jamestown. Most the time I buy here, but every time I do it cost me more to purchase here. Sometimes I feel it's unfair to the people in other towns willing to sell me the same vehicle for less. I don't know if that's support or I have been a sucker.

As for buying from Dick's --- it's sort of like Hillary selling uranium to Russia. Why support the enemy?

Last edited:

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Dick's has some stuff that I use, just not in the hunting/fishing category. Decent golf supplies as well as clothing. No better than Scheel's, at least in Bismarck. Shoes and other clothing isn't bad either, just don't try to pass yourself off as an outdoor hunting store. All looking for free publicity. They might be pretty popular in metropolitan areas.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just seen an article where they finally admitted that pulling certain guns hurt their profitability. ;:;badidea

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our Midwest mindset, and values are slowly diminishing.
I would guess on the coasts people are straight up giddy about a sporting Goods store not selling scary guns

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Their stocks are down, bet they are out of business in a year or two, they will try to Cater their pansy shit to the Fruitcakes
The funny part is they don't seem to understand that ditching hunting all together will cause a substantial increase in the number of people that will refuse to shop there and the vitriol with which they hate the store! This will inevitably lead to even further declines even though standard clothing makes more money per square foot but the people that would have bought that clothing will now decrease in numbers.

onpoint!

Established Member
this ^^^ from a former customer. Amazon is reserved for impossible-to-find things, local retailer (including the premium) whenever possible. used to be 3:1 Scheels vs Dicks, now 4:0.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drive by Dick's and have to LOL.

every. time.

- - - Updated - - -

which isn't that often cuz only places like DICKinson have a Dick's

Cowboys... I tell ya. Can't figure them western guys out.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to love playing pool - billiards.

In Minneapolis, there is a pretty cool billiards store, called Peter's Billiards.

I used to shop for golf stuff at Dicks', in Bloomington, MN.

Now I don't look at Peters or Dicks.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if the stockholders, employees, and vendors agree with "It was worth it"?

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I walked into the local Dicks to see what they had for fishing. Nothing..... I guess if a person wants to buy yoga pants or a YETI hat that’s the place to go otherwise there is no reason to step inside one.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Out of all of the people names of sporting goods stores around the country, why did Dick have to be the one who made it big? It couldn’t have been a Jon’s Sporting Goods, or a Steve? I feel gross talking about it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 149
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88