Dick's Sporting Goods to destroy all unsold guns

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't even go into Dick's Sporting Goods restroom to drop a deuce! That would be disrespecting the deuce!

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i was still getting spam emails from them until today because of a purchase i made online a couple of years ago. so, i got to remove myself from the said email list today. when i typed the "reason" for said removal in the little box, it felt great.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Walked into one about 8yrs ago while visiting in Colorado, it was a very short walk in then out back then and have had zero interest to deal with one since

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
My only venture into Dicks was two years ago. I was in MN to play in a golf tournament with some buddies. Had a club that needed a new grip. Dicks was the closest place so I stopped there. Never been in one before. That sounded kind of weird. Anyway, there was this young guy working in the golf dept. He regripped my club. He was probably the best/most knowledgeable individual I've encountered in a sporting goods store. Just really knew his stuff. Wasn't pushy and was just plain helpful. And very pleasant. So much that I emailed the company to tell them how great he was. Haven't been in a Dick's since. ew that sounded kinda weird too.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Other than going to Scheels to browse and buy couple of things a year, I do all my hunting/fishing buying online..mostly cabela's, its a waste of time to go to XX store nowadays, only to find out they don't have what your looking for. After reading these posts, I think I'll stay away from Dick's, by the sound of things on this thread.

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mort: Thanks for your support of local commerce, ND sales tax, ma & pa stores trying to compete with the big boxers, local retail jobs, and all those things that go down the crapper when your shopping is done on-line. How's that on-line doctor/emergency room visit going for you? Does the on-line fast food taste as good as the drive-through? I send you my on-line Thanks! I'd tell you to try that on for size, but you can't do that ON-LINE!

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems like a smart financial choice to destroy a perfectly good gun of value. No wonder that fucking company is folding.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the locals truly wanted our business or are hurt by us shopping online they would drop their prices to at least close to online prices.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mort: Thanks for your support of local commerce, ND sales tax, ma & pa stores trying to compete with the big boxers, local retail jobs, and all those things that go down the crapper when your shopping is done on-line. How's that on-line doctor/emergency room visit going for you? Does the on-line fast food taste as good as the drive-through? I send you my on-line Thanks! I'd tell you to try that on for size, but you can't do that ON-LINE!

All you worried about is a damn sales tax?? Really?? We taxed enough the way it is....and you against saving money??? Wow.....

You

Founding Member
Founding Member

Do as they say (business owners) not as they do. They'll do ANYTHING to increase the bottom line. In the name of business/capitalism/job creation/what ever they come up with.

Running my household is running my business. The bottom line matters. It's my business to make certain I maximize the return on every red cent spent. There's exactly one table I worry about putting food on.

"Subsidize my boat. Buy local!"

Last edited:

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member

GENESEO, IL, (05/03/18) – Springfield Armory is severing ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring a group for anti-Second Amendment lobbying.This latest action follows Dick’s Sporting Goods’ decision to remove and destroy all modern sporting rifles (MSR) from their inventory. In addition, they have denied Second Amendment rights to Americans under the age of 21. We at Springfield Armory believe that all law abiding American citizens of adult age are guaranteed this sacred right under our Constitution.It is clear where Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, stand on the Second Amendment, and we want to be clear about our message in response. Their position runs counter to what we stand for as a company. At Springfield Armory, we believe in the right and principles fought for and secured by American patriots and our founding forefathers, without question. We will not accept Dick’s Sporting Goods’ continued attempts to deny Second Amendment freedoms to our fellow Americans.​

Are we talking Field and Stream magazine?

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
My comments about supporting local business is more than meets the eye. The state sales tax goes a long ways to help road maintainence, schools and teachers, programs for the betterment of ND and it's residents, and so much more. Without that income, either our lifestyle will suffer or we'll be taxed another way. As for the support of local stores and related jobs, it's hard to operate a brick and mortar storefront with prices quite as low as many on-line deals cuz of rent, utilities, wages, and ins., but the advantages are huge: try on or inspect before you buy, stop by and pick things up immediately, get you and your kids a job, have a store that gives you on-the-spot services, etc. Before you decide to save a little, think about spending just a little more and have the satisfaction of knowing you helped to keep their businesses open for you convenience and needs. If you've ever worked in a retail job, you'll understand the advantages even more...support the local ma & pa retailers, pay the ND state sales tax ( it's coming to on-line soon to be sure), and pay forward the slight difference to keep North Dakota retail alive.
As to the on-line advantage of cost and convenience, at least give the locals a chance first.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88