power house tours

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can get a tour of the hydro power plant at Garrison Dam, maybe the Great River power plant between Underwood and Washburn, and the Basin Electric plants from near Beulah and Stanton. Call and ask about scheduling, the co-ops often have REC member groups touring by the bus load. The hydro plant at the dam has a schedule for tours and the public's always welcome. Should you decide to do this, tour the Garrison Dam plant and one of the big coal-fired power plants. When they let you look into a boiler inspection port with 27 stories of fire, you will be impressed.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was thinking of hitting the one at the dam. Folks were asking about it and was just checking if you had to call first or just show up?

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's a neat tour, we just showed up. Kids were intrigued by what they saw.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
That would be cool!!! I've always wondered what Garrison looked like inside when I was fishing outside.

gone_fishing

Founding Member
Founding Member

Have to jump to 4:05 to see the Garrison power plant. I remember seeing this video years ago and the "reporter" visiting ND. It's of course making fun of ND.

Last edited:

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife and kids have been in Garrison A couple times and really enjoy it. They always had it scheduled with different groups. I think last time they got a tour of the power plant and then the fish hatchery.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 100
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66