Public Comment period for NWR

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, I have talked to one guide who has not put in for a permit,which means that not all guides believe in the greed of the mighty dollar.

Walleye202

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got an email from the US F&W, They have denied the special use permits for guides on Lake Alice. Kind of surprised this actually happened but good to see the almighty dollar doesn't run everything.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
A new computer is driving me nuts. I tried to call, but the team leader was not in. I'll have to fire up the old computer. This one will not go to the site. It wouldn't let me search for a new stock on stockystocks today either.

Johnnie Candle

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got this today.

Thank you for your interest in the decision processregarding the issuance of special use permits for commercial guided fishing onrefuge waters within the Devils Lake Wetland Management District. TheU.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Devils Lake Wetland Management District hasdenied the special use permit requests for commercial fishing guides on LakeAlice, Rose Lake and Silver Lake National Wildlife Refuges. Commercial fishingguides will not be permitted on refuge waters administered by the Devils LakeWetland Management District.

Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Regards,

Matt Sprenger
District Manager

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
How does the guide license work on the regular waters like devils lake NDGF waters, is the license renewed every year. The reason I ask is because will this request for guides on NWR be held every year.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stump lake has areas designated for migrating birds on the west end of the lake. Those areas are still there but are under water now. Which means yes there are areas on Stump Lake that are NWR

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't here about guides filing for a permit to guide on NWR this here? I wonder if it was a under the table shady deal that way nobody can object to a request.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I gave you Thumbs Up Gone but I have mixed views. I see nothing wrong with a trophy spawner for the wall and selective harvest. Don't most guides promote C&R?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah guides like to throw back those big eyes without the cheeks makes for some good fish tacos

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm not a guide and I've fished Dry Lake quite a bit. There is a lady who runs a docking facility and campground. The problem is she's not embarrassed to charge. Give her $20 and she's very friendly.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I emailed Mr Sprenger, he informed me that no guides were issued special permits for the NWR, I am still suspicious though. Do guides need to display their business on the sides of snow bears?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88