Rabbit ? #2

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm by no means a Dr. but I would kinda think you would have some type of symptoms by now if you contacted it. Sure hope you don't 🤞
Bacterial is about 5 days..viral cna be up to 14 days. I sure hope he doesn't get it either!

Bob

Bacterial is about 5 days..viral cna be up to 14 days. I sure hope he doesn't get it either!
I was back at my vet's this morning to verify that the samples taken are to be sent to get tested. I'll find out results on the dog if she had it and I'll go from there on what I'm instructed to do. I'll post again when I find out more. So far I feel fine just a broken heart.

My pup and I ate peanut butter toast every morning as part of our daily routine. Yesterday I couldn't even make toast, this morning I cried when I did.

Thank you all for the kind words and prayers.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry for your lose always something in life going on .I have seen a lot more bunnies this year guess I better start shooting them, in the morning the ditches are just loaded.

Bob

Sorry for your lose always something in life going on .I have seen a lot more bunnies this year guess I better start shooting them, in the morning the ditches are just loaded.
Thank you, Today I was at the ranch where I help out in my retired years and I took my pup with all the time. It was like her second home and with her being a Blue Heeler cross with Aussie Shepard, what a farm dog! She was my trailer, no matter where or what I was doing she wanted to be part of it. Last Saturday morning we took her out to the ranch and she got one more ride in the John Deere Gator. She just loved that riding around when fencing or checking cattle. We didn't even ask and my ranch family asked if I would consider burying her there and we didn't hesitate. She was as much part of their life as ours.

Again I want to say for everyone to watch their pets closely for any change in eating, playing or overall health. This illness is nasty and if neglected there isn't much chance for your pet.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thank you, Today I was at the ranch where I help out in my retired years and I took my pup with all the time. It was like her second home and with her being a Blue Heeler cross with Aussie Shepard, what a farm dog! She was my trailer, no matter where or what I was doing she wanted to be part of it. Last Saturday morning we took her out to the ranch and she got one more ride in the John Deere Gator. She just loved that riding around when fencing or checking cattle. We didn't even ask and my ranch family asked if I would consider burying her there and we didn't hesitate. She was as much part of their life as ours.

Again I want to say for everyone to watch their pets closely for any change in eating, playing or overall health. This illness is nasty and if neglected there isn't much chance for your pet.
Hope your feeling well!

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have been taught and read to check a rabbit's liver for spots indicating tularemia. Didn't wear surgeon gloves back in the day...

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
In college, we shot a rabbit in the yard and made our version of Hasenpfeffer...threw up in the middle of Paradiso the next day, getting some in the fountain. Can't be sure they were related, but rabbit is no longer on the list...

Bob

Well unfortunately the answer my vet got from the state lab apparently was, "Inconclusive" !

WTF! So either sample wasn't correctly done or good enough, or State doesn't want to commit, who knows but if you start to feel sick go in to your Dr. and explain what you think is wrong. Not exactly what we were looking for. Well, I'll post again in a few days to let everyone know how things are going.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes and sympathy about the loss of our beloved dog, Karli. Robert Ackerman

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well unfortunately the answer my vet got from the state lab apparently was, "Inconclusive" !

WTF! So either sample wasn't correctly done or good enough, or State doesn't want to commit, who knows but if you start to feel sick go in to your Dr. and explain what you think is wrong. Not exactly what we were looking for. Well, I'll post again in a few days to let everyone know how things are going.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes and sympathy about the loss of our beloved dog, Karli. Robert Ackerman
Could you imagine?..covid china virus...Bob..ND virus....just saying .maybe that's why its inconclusive? Not trying to poke fun at losing your beloved one..just trying to make light of a shitty deal. Glad you are feeling well still..hope it stays that way!

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its kinda hard to get rabbits to eat standard poison baits in the summer when there is so much for them to browse on. Also most poisons are formulated so that if predators eat them they will not be affected, at least the blood thinner types are, those are most common.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 50
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 22
  • This month: 17
  • This month: 17