Recommendation on a landing net please.

SeisMec

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lost my landing net somewhere and need a new one. I target walleye and pike out of the boat so I'm going for an extendable one. What is your thinking on the rubber or pvc coated nets that are available? Pro's or Con's?

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a beckman extendable. Its great. It had the rubber coating, but after 6 years of use and landing 1000s of fish it is starting to show its age. Still have alot of life left in it though.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Beckman nets are no longer available. The Frabil Conservation Series are real nice and they have extendable handles.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dumped my ego2 for a frabil conservation series and there is no comparison. the ego is junk compared to the frabil.

SeisMec

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the input guys. Do you like the flat bottom net or the traditional cone shape better?

gone_fishing

Founding Member
Founding Member

muskelllunge13

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Norseman Foldaway or Stowmaster net that is about 8 years old, very reliable and folds up and can put in the front storage well of my boat. Its netted a few fish.. Mine is a Mr. Walleye.

SeisMec

Founding Member
Founding Member
SeisMec, if you want to borrow mine this week, feel free.
Thanks for the offer and wish I could take you up on it but I'm at work up off the nor'east coast of Newfeyland Canada for a couple more weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm 99% sure this is the Frabill I bought last year (model #9512): http://frabill.com/landing-nets/crainkbait-nets-1/9512.html

I purchased it at Fleet Farm: http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/frabill-conservation-series-landing-net-23x26/0000000004576

It's been a good net. Extends quickly if you need a longer handle and the net slides into the handle to take up less room in the boat.

Was looking at that one on Amazon. They have it for $80 there.

Mocha

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Norseman Foldaway or Stowmaster net that is about 8 years old, very reliable and folds up and can put in the front storage well of my boat. Its netted a few fish.. Mine is a Mr. Walleye.

I have the same net. Mr Walleye made by Stowmaster. I also have a bigger Stowmaster for pike or Lakers. Great nets and love that they fold for storage.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the same net. Mr Walleye made by Stowmaster. I also have a bigger Stowmaster for pike or Lakers. Great nets and love that they fold for storage.

I've seen the Stowmaster on some musky shows and they look real nice as well. Nice to have that big net fold down.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 123
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 51