Landing net

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did they redesign the folding/sliding mechanism?

Like mine a lot!

But it's about 15 yrs old - the machined aluminum folding mechanism gets sticky and binds. Plus a person unfamiliar with it can slide it right off the end at the worst possible moment.

Plus - it's heavy.
Sounds like a lot of shit to not like about it

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ranger nets are good quality for the money. I really like the Ego slider design, but they do tend to break. Ego will send you a new one, but it’s a bit of a pain dealing with getting a replacement.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Beckman nets back in day were the best, now Ted T bought them few years ago can we saw Chinese

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ranger nets are good quality for the money. I really like the Ego slider design, but they do tend to break. Ego will send you a new one, but it’s a bit of a pain dealing with getting a replacement.
$99 for the big blue Ranger and $60 for a smaller shorter one. Not bad for made in the USA

Coldfront

Established Member
Looking for advice so I am reluctantly asking all of you!

Trying to decide on a new landing net. The extending handle on my frabill conservation net broke and not is too short for my liking. Also have an Ego Slider rubber net with a broken handle. Is it worth getting a new ego slider handle or are they still fragile junk?

Or should I just bite the bullet and get a new Beckmann net. Picked one up in the store and they extend nicely and still seem sturdy. They are also lightweight so that is nice too. Only about $110

I was Home Depot and as I walked by the paint roller stuff there was a rack of extendable handles and there were some handles just like my EGO and the rpice was less than EGO's.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was Home Depot and as I walked by the paint roller stuff there was a rack of extendable handles and there were some handles just like my EGO and the rpice was less than EGO's.
Thought about using one. The head on those is different than the nets but I could probably switch heads. Last time I looked at my Home Depot they were sold out

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 3
  • This month: 2
  • This month: 2
  • This month: 1