Registration/licensing on fish house?

Watchyourownbobber

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does a homemade permanent fish house need to be licensed and/or registered? I understand the regulations the G&F has in place for on the ice. I'm wondering about registering for an actual license plate? Also any insight on what rules Minnesota may have if I were to haul it over there to fish for a week would be great (highway laws not DNR). I did find some info on DMV site where it says "premium permanent must be registered"....im slightly confused on how General that statement is, anyone able to elaborate on that? Thanks!!!!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
In North dakota you do not need to register your trailer for license plate, the name on the shack is for personal reasons. In case someone sees it is broken in or to have it moved. Or in case of walleyeking that his fish house is floating down the red. Minnesota yes you need to register your trailer usually a one time fee and all ice houses that are left permanent on the ice need to be registered with name phone # and town you live in.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its nice to have your name on it so I know who's house I am taking a shit next to.

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does a homemade permanent fish house need to be licensed and/or registered? I understand the regulations the G&F has in place for on the ice. I'm wondering about registering for an actual license plate? Also any insight on what rules Minnesota may have if I were to haul it over there to fish for a week would be great (highway laws not DNR). I did find some info on DMV site where it says "premium permanent must be registered"....im slightly confused on how General that statement is, anyone able to elaborate on that? Thanks!!!!

The way I understand it is if your trailer/ice house is just a plain house (heater, holes, seats) you don't need to register it. If you have a stove, sleeping areas (bunks/table that converts to bed, etc), then it needs to be registered. They really should be defining that right up front. Premium portable fish house is a subjective term.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any fish house left overnight needs a name and address or else a name and phone # on it.

Watchyourownbobber

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any fish house left overnight needs a name and address or else a name and phone # on it.

Thanks. That part is actually quite black and white and wasn't my original question but I do appreciate the attempt at help. I am more concerned with laws that are in place for an actual physical license plate and registration card. And possibly if anyone was able to pass on any info regarding taking the fish house out of state, but we have the same group of guys that send yet another topic off course With there attempt at being comedians. Happens in nearly every thread. I do appreciate the folks that did reply with something worth reading.....and johnr for the record if I did catch you taking a shit in front of my ice house I would rub your nose it much like a disobedient dog.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jesus christ, lighten up Francis.
Do you vaccinate your kids by chance

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lol. No need to license a trailer in ND. That includes your ice house. If you go to little Europe and want to avoid an unnecessary stop, it should be licensed.

- - - Updated - - -

Juan must still be drunk

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can see how nda can be confused for nddot. Now back to the serious Shit.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well since you live in South Dakota I can see how this could be confusing.:;::;:muahaha:;:stirthepot

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 101
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33