Remington moving to GA

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Why dont any of these big name companies move to ND? I get the winter issue but you would think with our pro business state they would come in flocks....yet nothing. Tesla nope..Remington nope..others nope....what am I missing other then the winters?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why dont any of these big name companies move to ND? I get the winter issue but you would think with our pro business state they would come in flocks....yet nothing. Tesla nope..Remington nope..others nope....what am I missing other then the winters?
I will put the tesla plant into perspective and that Texas has provided Elon with 477 acres to build a plant for a car that is overall more harmful to the environment then your traditional automobile.
Perhaps we don't have the infrastructure to bring it huge factories as well as personal, there are a few articles talking about Burgums bitcoin facility putting a huge strain on the power grid. Which is the reason why western North dakota is building a new state of the art natural gas electrical plant just north of Williston.

Last edited:

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I will put the tesla plant into perspective and that Texas has provided Elon with 477 acres to build a plant for a car that is overall more harmful to the environment then your traditional automobile.
Perhaps we don't have the infrastructure to bring it huge factories as well as personal, there are a few articles talking about Burgums bitcoin facility putting a huge strain on the power grid. Which is the reason why western North dakota is building a new state of the art natural gas electrical plant just north of Williston.
Wouldn't using some of the states legacy fund money...as an investment...to help with infrastructure to bring some of these companies in be a good thing such as remington?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I were the king of Winchester I'd build a "boutique" factory here for 101's, 21's, 24's; without ghetto looking triggers, M12's in nickel steel (in fact all shotguns would be nickel steel-- and rifles(?) ). Not going to list the litany of rifles. The M-94 would again be top eject and able to digest modern hell fire revolver rds. M70's would be controlled feed, and Super Grades would be "waterproofed", floated and action bedded.

I'd pick a spot between Velva and Minot so the workers had a steady supply of pretzels and beer.

Last edited:

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Labor

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Svn, they no longer do pretzels in Velva.

Hershey plans to close Dot’s Pretzels factory in US​

The pretzel company was acquired by Hershey in 2021 alongside Pretzels Inc. in a deal worth $1.2 bn.

Hershey is set to shut down a US facility that produces Dot’s Homestyle Pretzels.

The US confectionery major announced its factory in Velva in North Dakota will no longer be operational as the company aims to improve efficiency for its pretzel brand.

“Due to the physical limitations of the building and cost associated with the Velva facility, it has led us to the hard decision to cease operations and close the facility,” a Hershey spokesperson said.

The spokesperson told Just Drinks there are 27 employees at the site. Hourly staff are being offered the option of relocating to certain other plants within the Hershey manufacturing network. Those electing not to relocate will be offered a severance package.

Last edited:

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I were the king of Winchester I'd build a "boutique" factory here for 101's, 21's, 24's; without ghetto looking triggers, M12's in nickel steel (in fact all shotguns would be nickel steel-- and rifles(?) ). Not going to list the litany of rifles. The M-94 would again be top eject and able to digest modern hell fire revolver rds. M70's would be controlled feed, and Super Grades would be "waterproofed", floated and action bedded.

I'd pick a spot between Velva and Minot so the workers had a steady supply of pretzels and beer.
Why buy an overpriced foreign made Winchester for more than most American made guns? The name? Performance or quality? Not buying it. Sad Winchester has become one of the least American gun brands….

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why buy an overpriced foreign made Winchester for more than most American made guns? The name? Performance or quality? Not buying it. Sad Winchester has become one of the least American gun brands….
You may have missed my point...We're in agreement(?)... I may be missing yours...

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
keep away from the "ALT" or "Ctrl" keys near the spacebar. I'm about to have a stroke.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88