Rifle Season 2015

Trapper62

Founding Member
Founding Member
My sons last first choice tag was when he was 15, he is now 23 so he had to have been in the 8 point batch. BUT he has applied mule buck every year. Didn't bother him until the second season tags disappeared. But he is to far into it to change now!

Question on the non-resident mule deer tags - I know the allotment of tags and how that is determined, BUT my "out of state" cousin has been applying for 9 years and knows it will take a few more to draw so not a big deal. But when visiting with friends, I was told that in 4B all of the NR Mule Deer Buck tags go to NR landowners as they are entitled to a gratis? If true, then all the NR applying for that zone have a zero chance of drawing? Anyone know for sure if this is accurate?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
My sons last first choice tag was when he was 15, he is now 23 so he had to have been in the 8 point batch. BUT he has applied mule buck every year. Didn't bother him until the second season tags disappeared. But he is to far into it to change now!

Question on the non-resident mule deer tags - I know the allotment of tags and how that is determined, BUT my "out of state" cousin has been applying for 9 years and knows it will take a few more to draw so not a big deal. But when visiting with friends, I was told that in 4B all of the NR Mule Deer Buck tags go to NR landowners as they are entitled to a gratis? If true, then all the NR applying for that zone have a zero chance of drawing? Anyone know for sure if this is accurate?

I don't come on here to be at work. Get a bag of Frito's and figure the shi'ite out. I wish you the best of luck!

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sigh..........Everybody gettin all excited and I'm just over here like.........What am I gunna do...........

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sighted in on Sunday and it was rather enjoyable. Brothers day didn't go so well as his sling broke last year and the scope made first contact with the ground. After bore sighting we were still hitting high with zero down adjustment left. Took the scope in to scheels and found out the tube is bent. So he's back to a .243 for the season. Groceries are bought minus the tiger meat. Now Friday just needs to get here so I can put the hunt on a tirty point buck. Or three point buck. I don't care. I just want some meat.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sighted in on Sunday and it was rather enjoyable. Brothers day didn't go so well as his sling broke last year and the scope made first contact with the ground. After bore sighting we were still hitting high with zero down adjustment left. Took the scope in to scheels and found out the tube is bent. So he's back to a .243 for the season. Groceries are bought minus the tiger meat. Now Friday just needs to get here so I can put the hunt on a tirty point buck. Or three point buck. I don't care. I just want some meat.

How about a doe that THINKS its a buck?:;:muahaha

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
. Now Friday just needs to get here so I can put the hunt on a tirty point buck. Or three point buck. I don't care. I just want some meat.

I probably need to get on that mentality. I've decided I'm not a deer hunter, just a deer watcher this year. Let two yearling muley bucks walk yesterday from treestand. Grunted them in and had them broadside at thirty yards for about 20 mins. I don't like bowhunting in the bitter cold. I probably should have killed one.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Odds are the scope didnt move but why not take the time to verify your zero?

Because I like to live dangerously. And the local rifle range closed for the season. I suppose I could run out of town and sight in on a 5-gallon jug in the ditch...

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Could just sight your rifle in on my no hunting signs. Everyone else does. Can you tell I'm not excited for deer opener. Sometimes I think some guys leave their brain at home when they pick up their deer rifle.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Could just sight your rifle in on my no hunting signs. Everyone else does. Can you tell I'm not excited for deer opener. Sometimes I think some guys leave their brain at home when they pick up their deer rifle.

I cringe every time I see shot up signs, etc. Every time I wave at a farmer/rancher I wonder what goes through his mind when he sees I'm a hunter. Friggin' embarrassing for the guys who have respect.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member

That is true. The entire state's average IQ drops about 30 points during rifle season.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is true. The entire state's average IQ drops about 30 points during rifle season.

I've said that exact statement many times. For two weeks, the entirety of North Dakota turns into orange-clad zombies.

Back in the mid Oughts when our state was overrun with hoofed beasts, it was nothing to hear 100 shots during the 4.5 of hunting light on Friday opener. The deer that were kicked out of shelter belts ran a true gauntlet and, more often than not, escaped unscathed. Then again, I've seen many, many wounded and crippled deer hobbling through the woods after opener. It's little wonder why our coyote population enters winter with such a health boost.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member

where are you located? i'm in 2h to the south of you but can swing by on my way down and poke a few holes if you like. i'm here to accommodate. it's been 16 years since i killed a sign though, so no guarantees on shot placement. i've never harvested a no hunting sign either. are they harder to hit? do they require a magnum caliber cartridge? bonded bullet or fragmenting? lemme kno. Thanks!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 53
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18