Rip-n-Rap

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Use them quite a bit. I have some blanks that have similar action and cost a lot less that I use more.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
seems like panfish bait-robbing hell to me (rock bass, gills, perch)

I agree. tho the video was not of rip n raps.

i had one of my best days smally fishing last summer snap jigging ripnraps. cast on top of rock piles and snapping back to the boat. picked up a few eyeballs too. fish hit them with authority!

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Riping Raps, Rattle traps, Jackal TN60, pretty much any lipless crankbait. You know the heavy obnoxious ridiculous loud baits that should scare everything out of the water......

This was a ripping rap fish caught in 6 FOW out of Hazen Bay last summer.

IMG_2299.jpg

Guywhofishes I smiled when I read your signature. Its almost as funny as ( Trolling is boring ) I find it to be far from boring and catching big fish makes me very far from sad. You might consider the chance that you are not doing it right ??

But to each his own.

I killed that fish due to being hooked in the gills and was bleeding so bad I made the call to eat her other than have her die and be wasted.

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
ha ha - very good huff

you don't have to convince me trolling knocks em dead - I see guys catching them all the time while I'm jigging or flailing away fruitlessly

but then there are days when I get to drive them crazy and they troll back/forth fruitlessly while I'm slaying them with stationary or drift techniques over/in weeds or wind blown shoreline

FWIW - my boat (Alumacraft TP 175) might be THE poorest tracking boat ever produced - when I do troll it's a non-stop circus trying to smoothly follow the path I want

then - if I don't catch fish in 20 minutes or snag once or twice I panic and it's off to slip bobber, pitch, etc. ASAP. It's just my nature. :D

- - - Updated - - -

And you are right! Because I don't do it often a person can almost guarantee I am NOT doing it right.

One of those vicious circle thingies.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
ha ha - very good huff

you don't have to convince me trolling knocks em dead - I see guys catching them all the time while I'm jigging or flailing away fruitlessly

but then there are days when I get to drive them crazy and they troll back/forth fruitlessly while I'm slaying them with stationary or drift techniques over/in weeds or wind blown shoreline

FWIW - my boat (Alumacraft TP 175) might be THE poorest tracking boat ever produced - when I do troll it's a non-stop circus trying to smoothly follow the path I want

then - if I don't catch fish in 20 minutes or snag once or twice I panic and it's off to slip bobber, pitch, etc. ASAP. It's just my nature. :D

- - - Updated - - -

And you are right! Because I don't do it often a person can almost guarantee I am NOT doing it right.

One of those vicious circle thingies.

OOhhh slip bobbers,, I love me some wacky hooked leeches under a slip bobbers. I'm pretty sure we are on the exact same page. Its hard to show sarcasm through the keyboard but I'm positive you are the kinda guy that on a given day on a given body of water roll through the presentations till you find a fish that wants what you have.

If I was forced to do one thing the rest of my life, I would JIG.....

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I prefer jigging through the ice, then spring jigging the Missouri, then the jigging gets a bit tough, and the trolling that makes guywhohatestrolling sad is the go to for late spring, through most of the summer walleye bite for me.

Pulling cranks is where I get sad

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
OOhhh slip bobbers,, I love me some wacky hooked leeches under a slip bobbers. I'm pretty sure we are on the exact same page. Its hard to show sarcasm through the keyboard but I'm positive you are the kinda guy that on a given day on a given body of water roll through the presentations till you find a fish that wants what you have.

If I was forced to do one thing the rest of my life, I would JIG.....

We would get along just fine in a boat

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76