riverfisher gets a new boat

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I guess I really don't see that as a good time.To cheap I suppose.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn.Ripped it to shreds. Seems that setup could be nice on the Missouri with some common sense.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, is quite funny when the boat tells him what it thinks of him.

I've never even ridden in a jet-drive boat, but have spent many hours on a PWC. They're much fun on a hot summer day. The bummer with them is that they have very little draft, so by the time it gets too shallow, and you slow down (or are stopped cold) and fall off-plane, you might be a long way from water deep enough to float.

Tugged my Seadoo what seemed like about 2 miles out of a sandbar once. By the time I stopped, I was in ankle deep water, and there was a LOT of shallow water behind me.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's almost like that's his buddy's boat after he found out about him and his wife. Ouch

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
must have been testing a boat for somebody? never seen umhw used under a boat. I thought the boat and outboard would be junk after hitting rocks like that.

DerHornen

Founding Member
Founding Member
This looks like a good time.

SJX boats out of Idaho makes shallow runners that have UHMW on the bottom. It would be pretty cool to cruise anywhere from Bismarck to the tailrace without worrying about rocks or stumps, but getting stuck on a sandbar would be a nightmare.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
This looks like a good time.

SJX boats out of Idaho makes shallow runners that have UHMW on the bottom. It would be pretty cool to cruise anywhere from Bismarck to the tailrace without worrying about rocks or stumps, but getting stuck on a sandbar would be a nightmare.

Yes, the shallower the draft, the worse off you are, when you finally fall off plane and get stuck. A heavy boat going fast, is a bitch when it gets beached.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 97
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33