Road Rage

SeisMec

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I would have written this the other day V would have had to pull it for FOUL language, as it is it's still a little salty.

Had some asshat/mental/s.o.b./douche bag road rage on me the other day. It started over by Bobcat on the southeast side of Bismarck at a stop sign. I caught up to him just as we came to the stop sign on Morrison Ave, I stopped a car length behind him. I could see him staring at me in his rear view mirror, he wait there like 4 or 5 second just watching me, then goes. I tell the wife that he's watching us. I wait about a second checking traffic then follow him around as there was no traffic coming. He was watching me the whole time because he forgot to straighten out and damn near hits the curb. The wife and I start laughing at him. He straightens out and starts driving at ~38 mph and I settle in behind him at about 4 car lengths from him.

At the curve Yegan Ave becomes Airway Ave, I can still see him watching me in the rear view. We get into the 55 mph speed zone and he "speeds" up to 42 mph, I stay at about 4 car lengths behind him. I guess this douche thinks this was too close. This mentally unstable person is so intent on watching me to make sure that I don't pass him in the no passing zone that he is wandering all over the road all the way to the stop sign at Lincoln Rd. By this time there is 4 cars behind me because this mental deficient person is only doing 41-42 mph in a 55 zone. I had a car sitting on my back bumper at about 2 car lengths most of the way trying to hurry me along. Anyway, again he stops with his blinker on for 3 or 4 seconds, the whole time watching me in the side mirror. Again he takes off and I stay sitting for another second or 2 because I saw a car coming from the other direction and wanted to make sure I could see them again before turning. People have a tendency blow through these stop signs.

I take off when I see that the other car is stopping. This insane MF tries to brake checks me as I'm coming around! This MF has stomped on his brakes and is sitting in the road blocking the right hand lane of Lincoln Rd. I try to steer around him, (this part of the road is a passing zone) and the MF douche bag stomps on the gas and starts to come across the line to hit me and pushes me all the way over into the right hand turn lane trying to keep me from passing him. At one point his front bumper was less than a foot from my wife's door and I'm betting that I cleared this pricks front bumper by inches before running out of turn lane. I finally got out in front of him but by then was doing 65-70 mph but the whole time this ASSHOLE was trying to push us into the ditch. The wife was screaming the whole time that he was trying to kill us. That was one FU#$ed up situation. A whole lot of would of's and should of's deleted here, wish I could have acted on them but the wife was freaked the f!@#out and was yell "go, go , go get away from that crazy MF'er". As it was the AH must of been buddies with one of the cops in Lincoln because by shear coincidence I had one following me from the second stop sign in Lincoln all the way through the detour through town to the city limits on the south side. Nope, I wasn't speeding officer (much) 15-17 mph in a 15 mph zone and made all stops proper and used blinkers when needed.

Yeah, yeah; I could have called the cops on him but it would have been he said, she said and been a waste of my time with witnesses gone. Like I said, it seems he has friends and Lincoln is very very clickish and I'm a outsider. So if you see an older, tan Dodge pickup in the Lincoln area watch out for the crazy F!@#'er, he might try to run you off the road because he is mental.

END RANT

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
did you do something to get this guy staring at you?
Why did he pick on you in the first place?

I have had guys do this to me before too, but usually it is because I cut them off, or turned in front of them or something I innocently did that turned the heat up on the guy.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
As soon as he crossed the center line I would have had my wife calling 911. "The vehicle in front of us is traveling 38 in a 55 and is crossing the center line. I think the driver is drunk."

The end.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am very passive aggressive when it comes to road rage and such,, If i hear a horn blasting behind me for not gassing it at a green light, i go straight 90 year old gram gram on them :) , wife hates it but i find much enjoyment out of it.

SeisMec

Founding Member
Founding Member
did you do something to get this guy staring at you?
Why did he pick on you in the first place?

I have had guys do this to me before too, but usually it is because I cut them off, or turned in front of them or something I innocently did that turned the heat up on the guy.

Kind of hard to do any of those from behind johnr. This guy seemed to be one of those people that drive 5 or 10 mph below speed (in this case 15 mph), doesn't like people in "his space" and has a uncontrollable urge to "teach people a lesson" when he perceived my doing something wrong. Like I said, I did catch up to him at a stop sign and stopped at a "safe" distance (I could see the dick's rear tires touching the ground) then followed him for a couple of miles at a "safe" (~ 4-5 car lengths) distance. Didn't do anything other than laugh at the dick when his buddy had to tell him to straighten up or hit a curb. Like I said, he is mental or was DUI. So please stop trying to make excuses for him.

SeisMec

Founding Member
Founding Member
As soon as he crossed the center line I would have had my wife calling 911. "The vehicle in front of us is traveling 38 in a 55 and is crossing the center line. I think the driver is drunk."

The end.

Yep, should have but didn't think it was needed because we almost always have to drive behind someone doing anywhere from 5 to 15 mph below the speed limit on Airway Ave. Hell, the Truck speed limit on it is 35 which is #$@* ridiculous. You see people passing in the curves in that mile plus long no passing zone all the time because of these slow people.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife or kids with 911 call immediately as I do not mess around … however by myself or buddy with…probably would have spent the $600 for a new bummer just to give the SOB a good pop …

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
My sister in law teaches out there. She told us a story one time about how one of the cops walked into the office one day and while waiting for someone, he pointed at the bulletin board with staff pictures attached and rattled off each person hes pulled over that year. I'm so happy we didnt buy a house out there.

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member
IF you want to prevent road rage avoid the stretch of Intestate from Jamestown to Bismarck - 30+ miles of road "under construction" activity, but there is no construction, no construction activities, no construction equipment, no construction personnel - Its Just Cones!!

To top it all off, speed limit is 65 mph and there is always one pickup pulling a camper at 55 mph thus causing a 4 mile backup.. vent over.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sometimes the road rage works out perfect. We were going to Phoenix to visit our son and passing through Wyoming. A green Ford explorer was riding my tail. He would back off, then run up on my bumper. I noticed he had pushed me to near 80mph in a 65 mph zone and I immediately slowed down. I expected him to pass, but nope just drove closer to my bumper. It became clear he was trying to make me drive faster and run into the radar first. As we approached a junction and a hill with a yellow line the gun lost it and went past me as if I was standing still. He was doing well over 100mph. Guess who we met at the top of the hill? Yup, the HP. I looked in my rear view mirror and he was sliding sideways with his lights already on. He also passed me doing well over 100 mph. I told my wife I would not want to be in that guys shoes.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kind of hard to do any of those from behind johnr. This guy seemed to be one of those people that drive 5 or 10 mph below speed (in this case 15 mph), doesn't like people in "his space" and has a uncontrollable urge to "teach people a lesson" when he perceived my doing something wrong. Like I said, I did catch up to him at a stop sign and stopped at a "safe" distance (I could see the dick's rear tires touching the ground) then followed him for a couple of miles at a "safe" (~ 4-5 car lengths) distance. Didn't do anything other than laugh at the dick when his buddy had to tell him to straighten up or hit a curb. Like I said, he is mental or was DUI. So please stop trying to make excuses for him.

Nope, no excuses from me for some asshole I don't even know, I was just curious as to why a guy would go full on retard for apparently no reason what so ever.

Glad you are okay.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
My sister in law teaches out there. She told us a story one time about how one of the cops walked into the office one day and while waiting for someone, he pointed at the bulletin board with staff pictures attached and rattled off each person hes pulled over that year. I'm so happy we didnt buy a house out there.

sounds like a bunch of speed demons to me - hee hee

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, no excuses from me for some asshole I don't even know, I was just curious as to why a guy would go full on retard for apparently no reason what so ever.

Glad you are okay.

probably an addict who looked in rear view mirror and saw this

ghost-%281%29.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 127
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 55