Founding Member
Founding Member
This helped me

book-cover.jpg

Great way to shorten the learning curve on boards

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just started this year with boards... off shore boards with the tattle flags and adjustable front clip... so far i haven't landed a fish on one but lost 2 or 3... just need to get the swing i think

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
the key is to keep the line tight all the time. I can't tell you the last time I lost a fish on a crank, board or not. If you pull deep cranks with the tattle tale flags you'll have to put heavier springs on or they just lay back. After you use them for a while you won't need the flags.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
eventually the fish will surface. My buddy Jeff must have pulled a 20 inch eye for a mile, the fish get tired and when you look back they are skiing on the surface.
Normally you can tell when you have one on it pulls different, but eitherway with a six pack of hooks in its mouth it isn't going anywhere

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Make sure you get a copy of precision trolling, snap weights and such. I have always used 10lb mono on my reels, bought $20.00 Cabela's E glass rods and have handled fish from a half pound to 20 plus. I got in the habit of putting the line in the release pad on the back half of the pad and haven't had problems with them popping unless a snag or a big fish sinks the board. I bought my 6 boards 13 years ago, crazy how expensive they are now.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have them but really don't intend to use them unless I have to. We had good luck with them on the river, but we had 3 guys and we were busy as heck. I gotta be in the right mood to put up with all that BS.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67