Sad news~

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ron Linder....

[FONT=&quot]fishing icon and industry giant Ron Lindner has passed away at 86 years old. The co-founder of In-Fisherman, Lindner is responsible for sharing an incredible amount of knowledge with anglers of all skill levels. He was immensely respected within the industry and will always be remembered as not only a great angler, but an excellent human being who loved to watch others succeed. The Wired2fish team extends our prayers and deepest condolences for the entire Lindner family.[/FONT]

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
The linders are awesome. Imagine getting a chance to fish with them for a week. Sorry to hear about Ron’s passing.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
He was definitely an outdoor fishing icon and played a big role in the articles printed in In-Fisherman and I believe in development of today's tackle style. That magazine looked at a lot of various fishing methods, presentation of all species and locations all over North America.

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sad deal,Al is super religous,not sure if Ron was as I seen him smoking cig's,buddy who worked for winkleman production (close family friend of the Linder's) told me years back Ron had heart issues,so today was his time,he had a wonderful life or so it seemed,can't imagine the stress the Linder's had running they're mega business...R.I.P now you can relax Ron you had a good run.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't have guessed him @ 86yr old. I say this with a great deal of reverence:

"10's of thousands of Smallmouth Bass just gulped a sigh of relief........"

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know we all think we will live forever, but 86 was a good run. Imagine doing what you love everyday and calling it your job. Not many of us can say that.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed Bacon,now that I'm a senior I have big idea's but the body say's whoa!,taking care of my 92 year father has me thinking I don't want to get that old,its sad to watch,he can't remember what day it is but can re-call his experience from the korean war like it was yesterday.my father had a good run as well still lives on his own god bless him everyday.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is Ron the 3rd one of these big fisherman icons to die in the last week or so?

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sad deal. Ah yes, the famous piece of tackle he developed, the Lindy Rig. What a piece of fishing innovation that was/is!! Bought my share of them back in the day.. well.. still do. Back in the day before the floating rigs, we would use a hypo needle and insert in the band of crawler and shoot a little air in crawler so they would "float" off bottom. Fond memories of younger days. My dad would always tell me and my brothers, when you feel a bite, keep bail open and count to 10 when feeding them line. At the count of 10 if you feel em, set the hook!! Dad's theory was to make sure the walleyes has swallowed the crawler so as not to lose them. It usually worked! Dad's are smart that way. RIP Ron

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sad deal. Ah yes, the famous piece of tackle he developed, the Lindy Rig. What a piece of fishing innovation that was/is!! Bought my share of them back in the day.. well.. still do. Back in the day before the floating rigs, we would use a hypo needle and insert in the band of crawler and shoot a little air in crawler so they would "float" off bottom. Fond memories of younger days. My dad would always tell me and my brothers, when you feel a bite, keep bail open and count to 10 when feeding them line. At the count of 10 if you feel em, set the hook!! Dad's theory was to make sure the walleyes has swallowed the crawler so as not to lose them. It usually worked! Dad's are smart that way. RIP Ron

Ah heck,here I thought it was just my dad that preached this crawler harness method,still works today only we inject the tail of the crawler a couple times,we hook the crawler's band as it a little tougher to hold the hook better.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 34