Sakakawea Water Level 2020

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are the mountains above average for snow fall this year ?? dont know where to check,, hoping that we get a good run off this year to fill things back up...

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fish this winter have been deep, like 40' plus type of deep

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I'm reading that map correctly Allen, appears the MT snowpack in good shape. Encouraging for the Missouri and Yellowstone runoffs no?
It's right at about 95-100% of normal for this time of year. Given the effect last year's drought had on the soils under the plains snowpack, the overall runoff is projected to be just shy of normal. Which is a step up compared to the past couple of years.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
It's right at about 95-100% of normal for this time of year. Given the effect last year's drought had on the soils under the plains snowpack, the overall runoff is projected to be just shy of normal. Which is a step up compared to the past couple of years.
Boy, could I go for 120%, this year.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
On that note, it's subtle as can be, but ol' Mother Nature is really just being as indecisive as the worst human female when being asked where/what she wants for dinner. From my perspective it looks like she's teetering on the edge of either going back on the wagon (full on drought again), or being a drunken bimbo (wanting to flood someone, somewhere, out of their valuables). Maybe bipolar is the nicest way to refer to her as of late?

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
We are about due for another 7 year wet cycle, according to some old timers I talk to.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
^^ That don't sound encouraging Allen! Assume that a few large moisture makers over the next 90 days in MT and ND could help tho right?

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was talking with some old timers this week too, they said "liquor before beer and your in the clear, beer before liquor and you get sicker"
Never got around to the weather, that I remember anyway.

I believe this to be true and accurate info

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^ That don't sound encouraging Allen! Assume that a few large moisture makers over the next 90 days in MT and ND could help tho right?
That would help, and what makes the near-term interesting is that the CPC outlooks call for above normal chances for moisture in this part of the country going through March. However, thus far they have been tracking south. Put a couple of them up in the right areas and the prospects for getting more runoff would increase.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 77
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 31