SB 2315 -Everything's Posted Bill

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
PH and SLE,

I’m just funnin’. Should have made my sarcasm a little more obvious. If this bill passes it will likely kill what few hunting opportunities I still have. I do not own land and do not hunt outside ND.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
And how great would it be to have help in your corner to fend off the cooks of the world fritz...... a large percentage of north dakotans who have in the past carried a symbiotic alliance and sometimes sympathic view with the farm community..... i dont know, possibly like sportsmen and women perhaps...........

You're exactly right Trip,

I liked Boondoggles first post ever because it brings into view things that happened to get to where we are now.

Everyone thinks the legislature is trying to take away a citizens right to petition an initiated measure. But first we should go back and take a closer look at these recent measures.

No. 1 In 2006 Land Tawney (national wildlife federation) traveled from Montana to ND to kick off the fair chase initiative. A handful of ND fair chasers introduced one Senate Bill in 2007 which failed, an initiated measure failed to get the signatures 2008, a second initiated measure that did get the signatures 2010 with the help of Humane Society of the United States.

No. 2 In 2008 and 2010 David Pauli (regional director for the HSUS) traveled from Montana to meet with the fair chasers and other community organizers to create a team under the direction of Karen Thunshell in ND to collect signatures.

The farmed elk and deer producers spent $300,000 dollars advertising against, the fair chasers only had $18,000 but these elite sportsmen did hop in bed with HSUS and accept $150,000 dollars. Everyone remembers the ads with Karen Thunshell's niece in them wearing camo. Voters got turned off and turned down the measure.

Everyone knows this and may say redundant. There is way more. David Pauli and Karen Thunshell now had a team operating in ND and wanted more. Karen Thunshell's niece signed into nodakoutdoors as camo queen and said come on fair chasers, let's go again. The moderators who had thrown dozens of people off the site, didn't throw her off. Hmm

No. 3 In 2012 David Pauli from Montana and Karen Thunshell of ND and their team of young urbanites were eager to get out there and circulate a petition for a felony animal cruelty measure. After two years of collecting signatures for the fair chasers they were getting very proficient at it. They got the signatures on their first attempt for their cruelty measure.

Fighting that measure cost the livestock industry over $200,000 while HSUS kicked in over $600,000. It failed.

No. 4 Also in 2012 David Detloff (national wildlife federation) traveled from Montana to North Dakota to file the clean water land heritage whatever they called it. I called it the 5 % oil revenue rip off. There was the NDSU football player scandal the first go around. After hiring enough petitioners they made the count the second go around. The voters rejected it 80-20.

But it cost State organizations like chamber of commerce, League of Cities and farm orgs over $900,000 dollars against Ducks Unlimited $5.4 million.

And now the ND wildlife federation has brought aboard John Bradley from the Montana wildlife federation.

North Dakota better get serious about bolstering up the rules concerning initiated measures.

So there you have it Trip, look at all the alliances. Not against sportsmen, against fake sportsmen.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do get what fritz is trying to say. Bitten once twice shy. Heres the deal though, average joe nd taxpayer is the one taking the shaft here over this and im afraid will if it were to pass would take it as a major haymaker to the jaw. Good chance if this were to pass look for the voting public to be more out of touch and a little less sympathic to the farm community down the road. Im a 4th generation nodaker. Ive never been fortunate enough to own land. I just for the life of me cant figure out how putting signs up is such a burden??? If this is truly about animal cruelty or dapl then why the hell drag real taxpaying nd sportsman into it? The true alliance between the farmer and nd sportsman has been good to both side for as long as ive been alive? If you are the farm beaureu or cattlemens assoc. why would you think sticking the sportsmen of the state is a good idea. As nd urbanizes how can farmers/ranchers lose urban sportsman? Do farmers like the epa up there ass? How about osha? Wait....you cant cut that crop because the double chested brown rump humminbird moth has a nest in your 22$ soybeans(im an eternal optimist). If you like ny, california or any other blue urbanized area this will definately get you there sooner.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Trip, If I could give the Stockmen's Association their wanted no trespass and at the very same time give the sportsmen language in there saying hunting isn't trespass, man.... I myself would be all over that. I don't have any answers.

Terry Steinwand reported that they had meetings between Stockmen's and hunters. The first meeting went well, the second blew up. Real sportsmen are saying they work and don't have time to attend these functions so they keep sending these guys from orgs like ND wildlife federation and wildlife society. I've met these guys. Have been thrown out of public meetings by them. Totally understand the dynamic why the second meeting with Stockmen's blew up.

Can some real sportsmen step up please.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Karen Thunshell's niece signed into nodakoutdoors as camo queen and said come on fair chasers, let's go again. The moderators who had thrown dozens of people off the site, didn't throw her off. Hmm
I never seen that. Could have happened, but I'll believe it when you show me.
What moderator has thrown dozens of people off the site? I think the most anyone has thrown off is two or three. You have to be terribly nasty for me to do that. I have only thrown one off. Oh ya, that was you.:;:deadhorse

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Obi,

funny you would post the Property Tax Exemption. City folk pay on their house, country folk pay on their land. Unless someone lives in the country but works in town. 51% of income reported has to come from the farm and that's gross off farm income compared to net farm.

I farmed and worked at a coal mine. So I paid on house and land forever. But then I quit the coal mine so went over to the treasurers office to let them know. Was informed the bar had been raised, now have a three look back or 3 year average. So I waited the three years. The bar was lifted again saying not more than $40,000 off farm income. I have a pension, health benefit and my wife as a janitor in town. I'm still paying both.

Now they passed a law farmers must prove their income every year. Take your 1040 to the tax assessors office so that it can be proved. Right now I believe there is some clean up in a Bill because county office personnel shouldn't be looking at everyone's income. My county got around that by hiring an attorney to look at the 1040.

Senator Dwight Cook thinks all farmers should have to pay on their house and their land. He likes these little thresholds that take little bites out of a farmers backside one increment at a time.

Dotzenrod has a Bill that would be more simple saying if 2/3rd's of income is derived from the farm then by definition you are a farmer. Essentially getting rid of all these thresholds that muddy up tax code. I believe Cook is going to try to squash Dotzenrod's Bill.

why should farmers and farming be treated differently than any other business or businessman with property or sales tax?

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Exactly obi....... why would the farm beaureu and livestock assoc. want to push this so hard knowing the regulation headaches for most other commericial industries..... im very pro-farm but if you think regulations are garbage now.....

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody wins here. Literally fucking nobody.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
PG, Of course camo queen isn't there anymore. Lots of peoples posts disappeared.

The moderators for nodakouthouse were:

Bruce A. Hanson...former federal biologist for US Geological Survey
H. Thomas Sklebar..former federal biologist for US Geological Survey
David Brandt...……...current federal biologist for US Geological Survey

What could possibly go wrong?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is no record of camo queen ever existing. Don't know anyone who would have banned her. Didn't you once tell me you didn't know anyone who had a high fence ooeration??????? I call bs, but slight, slight chance back between the first and second effort. I wouldn't be so doubtful if you had not on one of these threads just blow bs about what the Farm Bureau wants.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no record of camo queen ever existing. Don't know anyone who would have banned her. Didn't you once tell me you didn't know anyone who had a high fence ooeration??????? I call bs, but slight, slight chance back between the first and second effort.
Also the names your relying on one guy has been retired and living in Wisconsin for at least ten years
I have not seen him involved for a long time. Either of them for that matter. You went on an effort to turn anyone you could against the site because you couldn't control it through bullying or intimidation and got booted. Sounds like your simply butt hurt. Suck it up buttercup.

Last edited:

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a question PG. How does the owner of nodakouthouse keep the doors open with only 4 regular posters talking amongst themselves. I mean the (TON) Total Outdoor Network owned both fishingbuddy and nodakouthouse but only closed fishingbuddy.

Rowdie has asked several times when nodakouthouse is going to be next. You always dodge the question. Come on, give us something instead of your usual two step and off the dance floor.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Come on, enquiring minds want to know. What is the owner thinking? Keep it open or shut it.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't tell you squat Fritz your only looking for anyway to cause damage. You have no idea how happy I am. First people at last caught on to GST, now they are catching on to your agenda here. It looks like your herding sportsmen days are coming to an end. On one thread they even begin to doubt your reasons for hating DU. Suck it up buttercup.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
hey FTC and PG - how about you leave your petty nodakoutdoors pissing match out of this??????
Good idea, I would like to. Consider it done. Hmmmmm come to think of it the real subject is much more important. Sorry about that. Odd how things get sidetracked and I absolutely do not want to do that. :;:thumbsup Crap. I seriously ask your forgiveness for that.

Last edited:

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, enough of the pissin' match. Does anyone know how the Ag Committee voted on it on Friday? Any updates?

---Edit---
Nevermind, I see a new thread was started and it continues there!

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
BUMP to the top so I can find the damn thing I missed most of what was said so have to catch up.

- - - Updated - - -

A thumbs down right below the thumbs up would add some excitement to this site.

Mark Mazaheri

I posted this on another thread, too. just trying to help keep people informed.
Yesterday I was told that 2315 is going to be reviewed a joint committee of Ag & Natural Resources, but the final vote will come from the Ag Committee. From there, it goes to a vote on the House floor. Any changes from the Senate version would then be reviewed by a conference committee compromised of both House & Senate members.

There are several issues to be addressed.
1) guides/outfitters should be prohibited from hunting on unposted land without permission. There's a big difference between freelance hunting and running a commercial operation on someone's land.
2) there should be a penalty for illegal/unauthorized posting that is equal to the penalty structure for hunting on posted land without permission.
3) NDGF should not have to pay for any of this. Originally the State IT department was going to cover it, then the sponsor slipped in a $250,000 bill to NDGF. If the Ag groups are pushing for it, they can pay.
4) areas posted in RED as "ABSOLUTELY NO HUNTING" should still provide landowner contact info, if for no other reason than safety. If I find a calf outside the fence, who would I call?
5) other reasons???

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88