What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
SB 2315 / Lockout
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Dirty" data-source="post: 306144" data-attributes="member: 6535"><p>I miss the good old days as well when unposted land was plenty and hunting access was almost unlimited and I am sad my kids won’t experience that as I did. I will continue to show them how successful it can be to knock on a door and get permission by being friendly. It is still a very rewarding and often successful method to gain access to hunting ground. </p><p>However...I’m done fighting this fight. I now wish this would have passed a few sessions ago as a straight “everything is posted” law rather than the fiasco it is now. I have hunted in other states where all land is posted. Sometimes it’s easy to get permission and sometimes it’s not. I admire the perseverance some of you have had with this, but with each additional day of pushback I feel like landowner/hunter relations are straining. The day will come soon when this change does occur and what I fear that we are gonna end up with after all of the battling is a bigger mess than we probably could have imagined...and a much worse hunting situation than we thought possible. </p><p></p><p>Good luck to all of you who still have the energy and the personal reasons to keep this up. I’m out of both and to tell you the truth, I am not even sure exactly where the focus lies on the issue anymore. I feel like somewhere along the way it shifted from hunting and land access to just winning a fight at all costs.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Dirty, post: 306144, member: 6535"] I miss the good old days as well when unposted land was plenty and hunting access was almost unlimited and I am sad my kids won’t experience that as I did. I will continue to show them how successful it can be to knock on a door and get permission by being friendly. It is still a very rewarding and often successful method to gain access to hunting ground. However...I’m done fighting this fight. I now wish this would have passed a few sessions ago as a straight “everything is posted” law rather than the fiasco it is now. I have hunted in other states where all land is posted. Sometimes it’s easy to get permission and sometimes it’s not. I admire the perseverance some of you have had with this, but with each additional day of pushback I feel like landowner/hunter relations are straining. The day will come soon when this change does occur and what I fear that we are gonna end up with after all of the battling is a bigger mess than we probably could have imagined...and a much worse hunting situation than we thought possible. Good luck to all of you who still have the energy and the personal reasons to keep this up. I’m out of both and to tell you the truth, I am not even sure exactly where the focus lies on the issue anymore. I feel like somewhere along the way it shifted from hunting and land access to just winning a fight at all costs. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
4 minutes ago
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
39 minutes ago
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
44 minutes ago
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
46 minutes ago
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
51 minutes ago
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Today at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Today at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Yesterday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Sunday at 11:14 PM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Thursday at 12:11 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
SB 2315 / Lockout
Top
Bottom