Scope Recommendations

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just never used one with one, seen one or thunked of it. Not that it doesn't make sense though.

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
I must be nearly the only fella on here who never imagined a scope on a lever action. I would have never imagined this many serious responses. :;:thumbsup:;:thumbsup

We used to hunt with an old rancher up by Fairfield who used a scoped lever action .243. Never would have guessed there'd by a lever action .243, let alone a scoped lever action.

- - - Updated - - -

I am just totally confused about the pickup comments...I didn't think you could shoot out of a vehicle with a firearm...

And I know what a pickup gun is. Whenever I hear the comment I'm thinking shooting from the window. I'm sure some don't; just what I think of when I hear it.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I am just totally confused about the pickup comments...I didn't think you could shoot out of a vehicle with a firearm...
You can if the vehicle is not moving and your not on a State or Federal highway.

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A "pick up gun" is a rugged knock-about tool kept behind the seat or in the window rack. It's always "there" and reliable.

- - - Updated - - -

FWIW: As the Savage 99 and Browning BLR solve a "problem"; they still top the ugly chart.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'm mostly in the Espringer camp about optics on a levergun. I don't condemn and stick with my scope rec.

- - - Updated - - -

Regarding my OP: I would get the cheapest Leupold I could find on E-bay, etc then send it for German#1 installation. Additional musing on the topic has softened my choice on a fixed X as IMO additional expense is rooted in novelty.

Last edited:

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
True pickup guns ride shotgun. Yes, guns, as in more than one.

and having to accommodate for a passenger is terrible. Sometimes, they ride in the back because it’s too difficult to move everything.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
You put a gun in a pickup then its in the pickup.

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I forgot to declare the gun may be moved or accessed as necessary. I now hereby declare this.

snowcat

Founding Member
Founding Member
There were a whole lot of model 88 Winchester's, that had weaver K4 power scopes on them, in the 60's, still have 3 of my dads. .243, .308, and the .284, picked up the .358 later to complete the set.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66