GUN and scope?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
You must be a heck of a shot to shoot balloons at 300 to 600 yds. About 40 yrs ago they had a shoot North of Valley City. It was shooting for groups and then they had smaller gongs out to about 500 yds. They also had a balloon shoot at 400 yds. I have never seen so many misses at a target in my life and still today. With a light wind they bounce around like a ball in a pinball machine.

The old saying is, Dont shoot where it is. Shoot where its going to be.
Bullet splatter pops the balloon. It's been done by Bob Munden @600 with revolvers.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
NO, by no means am I a great shot. I do alright but it was a game my grandpa started me on with a .22 at about 25-50 yds and we just expanded it over time. In High school we started to bet on it by playing for a $1 a shot. On really windy days it gets very hard. When you think about it a fully blown up balloon is about the size of a deer's vitals. I think it actually help me become a better shot at moving game. The winner gets to call the shot (Off hand, prone, sitting etc.) our grandpa had the perfect field for it with a big hill at the end of the field for safety. It's probably why I don't like punching paper. I have missed way more than I have hit. It's now something that my kids love to do, it's kind of like shooting trap but with rifles and even pistols (the pistols are lot closer).
Hence my "babe in the woods" comment. I won several " stuffed berets" until I was "reminded" about "Gambling With A Subordinate". Things in the Air Farce become more anal as one comes up "here".

Fucktards have great talent perverting laws against "common sense" and absorbing it into ambiguous/arbitrary/malaise.

I hope you get a fantastic rifle.

That is all.

1697600436623.png

Last edited:

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bullet splatter pops the balloon. It's been done by Bob Munden @600 with revolvers.
There was no splatter, The balloons stem was tacked down to a .500 wood dowel. Unless you hit the dowel was your only chance at splatter. The balloon were the size of a softball.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84