Long Range Shooting Best Scope for the Money

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Awesome! what part of the state do you live in? I’d assume you plan on hunting western side or even Montana?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Montana is getting to expensive for elk and deer, but I have hunted bear and wolf lately. I am in Jamesown, but go to the Badlands often. I am headed out to Montana in July for a little fishing with my wife, son, and grandkids

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup that’s correct. I run that same vortex scope as your link has.<br>PM me if you have questions. I can send pics over/help out
I think I will be ordering that scope tomorrow. I don't plan on driving my car over the scope so I don't need that kind of durability. To get the features I want would cost me over $2000 for a Nightforce. Looks like dollar for dollar I'm going to have to go Vortex again.
I knocked my one PST real hard one day and had some black spots show up. I called in and they said they would take care of it. I told them it was my fault I thought. They said no matter how hard I banged it black spots should not have shown up and it was a manufacturing flaw. Then they emailed me a return so they paid postage both ways. I sent it two day shipping on a Monday and got it back on a Friday. SDMF is right about the warranty and it's part of my reason for going Vortex.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Three things:

1. To date, I don’t think SDMF has ever actually tried using a Vortex.
2. You can buy any scope online. Why pay full retail locally?
3. If you want “high end” glass, it’ll come with a transferable lifetime warranty. You may as well buy it used for 30% off. I’ve purchased several Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x and 2.5-10 scopes for under $1,000 and several Trijicon ACOGs for under $700. There are lots of guys that get new scopes at a discount for being an employee, outfitter, MIL/LEO, or sponsored shooter, then resell those scopes we’ll below retail later. This happens with such frequency that most scopes lose 20-40% upon resale.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bed Wetter Scheels has actually matched some pretty low prices I found on the internet. Their price started about $200 under manufactures suggested retail to begin with, but they went down another $200.

I may have to check out some used scopes this morning before I order this afternoon. Thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited:

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was watching some ratings on utube last night. The only Nightforce I could afford would be the SHV and it rated the same as the Vortex. So with the 25 minutes of angle per revolution and the EBR-C2 reticle I went Vortex. This started out trying to help someone else and I have to thank you guys for the help you have given me. Thank you.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was watching some ratings on utube last night. The only Nightforce I could afford would be the SHV and it rated the same as the Vortex. So with the 25 minutes of angle per revolution and the EBR-C2 reticle I went Vortex. This started out trying to help someone else and I have to thank you guys for the help you have given me. Thank you.

Hey, no problem. What are friends for?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 207
  • This month: 178
  • This month: 163
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93