Season long camper lots

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I'd like to park the camper on a lot for the summer. Even better, park it somewhere and be able to leave it year 'round via lot rent. Anyone have info on where/if that is doable. Prefer West Devils Lake or North side of Sakakawea.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most I know of are seasonal pull it in April and take it home sept/Oct ish. Riverdale has some, centennial has a few, Beulah, hazen. I would think there has to be a few on the north side and farther west. From my understanding each area is only allowed so many spots and usually come with a waiting list or lottery. Unless it is a private campground like the one in Garrison.

I was in your position 6 years ago and wanted to be close to the lake. Spent one year in a campground and decided to look for a lot with less restrictive covenants which I could own.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have been in the seasonal drawing at Mckenzie bay for 5 yrs or so. We can pull in may to the end of October. The Corp is in charge of most of the camping around sakakawea.
This year we are not spending the season there, plan on spreading it around

620ranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just got 2 spots side by side at bayview on devils but it is hard to get one most places have a waiting list to get in. You could try eagle bend in the north end of creel bay they had a few spots open yet for 800 plus elec.

Mr.Mike

Founding Member
Founding Member
PM me and I will hook you up on west side of Devils Lake. ;) I just don't want to post it on here and piss people off. Plus I have to gather contact info for you.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just got 2 spots side by side at bayview on devils but it is hard to get one most places have a waiting list to get in. You could try eagle bend in the north end of creel bay they had a few spots open yet for 800 plus elec.

That is almost half the cost of where we go.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is almost half the cost of where we go.

Really? I think Centennial is about that price and electricity is included. Granted they have no water or even a dang dump station. Oh yeah and half the seasonal lots are in what looks like a trailer park. Nice people that run it, but I'm glad I don't have to worry about that anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Vollmer, consider the lots in Douglas bay that Mike Matteson is the realtor for. They're 32k ish and you can park a camper on them or build something down the road if you prefer. Rural water on site.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Really? I think Centennial is about that price and electricity is included. Granted they have no water or even a dang dump station. Oh yeah and half the seasonal lots are in what looks like a trailer park. Nice people that run it, but I'm glad I don't have to worry about that anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Vollmer, consider the lots in Douglas bay that Mike Matteson is the realtor for. They're 32k ish and you can park a camper on them or build something down the road if you prefer. Rural water on site.

I won the lottery for this last year, but after hearing it was electric only, I decided to pass.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
You could try Schrader's on the north end of stump lake. I know you can leave them there all year long. I don't know if they have any spots available or how much they are. I know some if not all have water and sewer on each lot.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Thanks for the input folks. Still on the hunt. Waiting lists are no fun.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a new campground on the north end of 6 mile. Think they call it Channel-A Campground. Might be worth a try

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The site we go to is a lottery, they pull names out of a hat, and then the camping spot numbers out of another hat and match the person to the spot. Every year there is about 4-7 more people than spots available, so a few people leave disappointed, no point system, so it doesn't matter how long a person has been doing this. Its probably the fairest way to do it, without invoking white privilege...hahah

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a pretty nice tent until wefest happened.

it was 1991 I was at wefest and working for a fagro soft drink company, I wondered back to our supply trailer around 9 pm, just in time to see a guy and chick banging under our trailer, they didn't stop, even when I called a bunch of people over to see what was going on...

My only memory of that country music animal show...haha

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a pretty nice tent until wefest happened.

i once left a perfectly good tent at wefest. I deemed it worth the money to just buy another new tent rather than have to take it down in the confused, mush brained state i was in that morning. #dumb

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 108
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 34