Seasonal change-

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Start?

Noticed my backyard tree leaves starting to change,boxelder and mountain ash already,hope its not a sign of early winter...no wooly bugger caterpillar's out yet to get they're input,if i remrmber right the larger the black ring the longer the winter?

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Birds in Dickinson seemed to start flocking up the past week. However, the news is reporting record El Nino so that usually means above average winter temp. I don't care what winter brings. My tracks for the Defender came in this spring so bring on the green backs! Need to focus on soft water for the time being, then hunt in October and November. Then winter can come.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
DDD4EF6A-DFEE-4B95-ACE4-7A1F0CFF7BC2.jpeg

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are always a few trees that don't do well in the summer heat and dry that start to go a bit yellow. I have a couple in a tree row that look downright sad right now.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a set of pear trees in my back yard, they drop leaves all summer long. They for some reason have about 30 leaves each week that turn yellow and drop off, never really notice them until they fall to the lawn.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a set of pear trees in my back yard, they drop leaves all summer long. They for some reason have about 30 leaves each week that turn yellow and drop off, never really notice them until they fall to the lawn.
Any pears on them? My neighbor‘s tree is loaded down this year. Best pears I’ve ever eaten come off that tree

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any pears on them? My neighbor‘s tree is loaded down this year. Best pears I’ve ever eaten come off that tree
We get a bunch on them, but they are much smaller than the store bought ones, and not as sweet.

My boy gobbles them up.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
We get a bunch on them, but they are much smaller than the store bought ones, and not as sweet.

My boy gobbles them up.
In about October they get so sweet it’s almost like eating sugar. The tree here gets some big ones on it.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
The firecracker made me love this tune: He didn't miss a beat:

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137