SeaStar Seal Replacement?

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone do their own SeaStar seal replacement? Mine need done, looks like a simple job. Only concern is pulling the side brackets off, everyone says the can be a pain. The pullers are fairly cheap though. Planning to do the nice deals too, not the Amazon cheap ones. Any other advice is appreciated!

Wallykiller

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone do their own SeaStar seal replacement? Mine need done, looks like a simple job. Only concern is pulling the side brackets off, everyone says the can be a pain. The pullers are fairly cheap though. Planning to do the nice deals too, not the Amazon cheap ones. Any other advice is appreciated!
I replaced the end caps on my Yamaha F150 Wednesday afternoon. I purchased a kit from West marine, it came with seals and spanner wrench. The side bracket that has to be removed on my setup has a grease zirk that gets grease annually and pulled off easily by hand. My local Napa store carries oil for motorcycle shock absorbers that is equivalent to sea star oil. Total time invested was about a half hour while also tackling a 16 oz adult beverage.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did my Yamaha 3.3L F200 SeaStar system last spring. I bought the Dometic kit for the SeaStar that came with the caps, O-rings, and spanner tool. I also bought the bleeder line that goes between the 2 valves that look like air-hose couplers.

I'd never done, or watched one done and I believe it took me ~45min. Minus any snafu's I believe I could probably do one in under 30min now. Filling/bleeding the lines took the longest.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did my Yamaha 3.3L F200 SeaStar system last spring. I bought the Dometic kit for the SeaStar that came with the caps, O-rings, and spanner tool. I also bought the bleeder line that goes between the 2 valves that look like air-hose couplers.

I'd never done, or watched one done and I believe it took me ~45min. Minus any snafu's I believe I could probably do one in under 30min now. Filling/bleeding the lines took the longest.
Did your brackets come off ok? Same motor for me. I’m hoping something nice were in freshwater they are easy to get off.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did your brackets come off ok? Same motor for me. I’m hoping something nice were in freshwater they are easy to get off.
Slid right off. I had a couple of gear pullers at the ready but didn't need them even a little bit.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66