Shed a tear and cracked an extra beer yesterday.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were down into the 50's in the house yesterday morning and I was FORCED to start the furnace. You all know what that means so I won't expand. I was hoping to be able to hold off until after deer killing, but Ma Nature has other plans I guess. Cold is expensive.....and SUCKS!!! Cry session over. Carry On!!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep highest natural gas has been in 13 years. To heat the average house this winter is expected to cost an extra $200 for 5 months of heating.

Excel energy is going to ask for a 20% electric rate hike over the course of 3 years also. :mad: Will create an extra $650 million in revenue.

Fucking Democrats ;:;banghead

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Filled up my LP tank for our gas stove at 1.99 per gal. Ouch that hurt some. One thing I always start out the winter full of gas. The top burners on our stove will work with out electric power, so have a backup plan if electricity goes out. LB

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
LBrandt, be careful using stove for emergency heat. Carbon monoxide detector is a must. Many people across the country have died from using stove as emergency heat. I don't want to see anyone die needlessly.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yep got one in the kitchen, next to floor. And always crack a window. LB

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep highest natural gas has been in 13 years. To heat the average house this winter is expected to cost an extra $200 for 5 months of heating.

Excel energy is going to ask for a 20% electric rate hike over the course of 3 years also. :mad: Will create an extra $650 million in revenue.

Fucking Democrats ;:;banghead

You’re not factoring all you’ll save with free daycare, free healthcare, free college, child tax credit and getting free money just because.

That guy

Honored Member
The wood stove in my new place is pretty nice; just turn the fan on and it circulates through the cold air return.

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had new windows and door put in this summer before new siding. Best decision I made was say screw the worthless housewrap and had 1" owens foam board put on, house hasn't been less than 69 yet

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
You’re not factoring all you’ll save with free daycare, free healthcare, free college, child tax credit and getting free money just because.

I know you're kidding, or being sarcastic. I agree with you.

To further your same line of thought, you "get" those things (you are going to pay for those things through taxes) even if you don't NEED those things.

You, whose children are grown and out of the house, are going to benefit greatly from free childcare. And how does free tuition for college make you feel, after you and/or your children paid their way through college? And how does it feel when you have no children at home, but a pile of people who do, get bigger child tax credits than most, and you are paying for it?

I'm agreeing with you. It sucks. I have three kids at home, and I'm not dumb enough to turn down the money (given that I am going to pay for it thru taxes, like every other tax payer).

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Agreed KDM,in the same boat,even tho my swedish fireplace puts out plenty of heat I broke down and firedup my natural gas furnace last night,20 years old was hoping for the best,got lucky she fired right up,since my ole lady passed away,my house stays at 53 degrees at night (themostat setting) my golden is good with that,I grab another quilt and call it good.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Fear not. The fiberglass fan blades turn when it's convenient.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 41
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 14