What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
shotgun and new ammo~
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Migrator Man" data-source="post: 307115" data-attributes="member: 2369"><p>Hevi Shot needs to get on the TSS bandwagon. A mixture of steel/bismuth and TSS is the most economical way to give shells a long range punch without paying for a full payload of TSS ($$$$). There is not way I will pay twice as much for a bismuth shell if it is only marginally better. I looked into hevi-x too but the federal black cloud tss is the same price after rebate. Hevi- teal was an awesome load for close shooting over decoys.</p><p></p><p>I have been hearing guys pounding the Geese at 90 yards with TSS because of its down range energy and high penetration. I won a .410 shotgun that I plan on buying reloading components for it from Prairiewind Decoys. The .410 can pack enough TSS in that small shell that it has more harder hitting pellets than a 12 gauge steel shell. I wish federal or hevi-short would make a water fowl tss load in .410</p><p></p><p><span style="color: silver"><span style="font-size: 9px">- - - Updated - - -</span></span></p><p></p><p></p><p>Steel and lead ammo is cheap as dirt on Rogers Sporting Goods lately. $8-9 A box for decent ammo is a steal.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Migrator Man, post: 307115, member: 2369"] Hevi Shot needs to get on the TSS bandwagon. A mixture of steel/bismuth and TSS is the most economical way to give shells a long range punch without paying for a full payload of TSS ($$$$). There is not way I will pay twice as much for a bismuth shell if it is only marginally better. I looked into hevi-x too but the federal black cloud tss is the same price after rebate. Hevi- teal was an awesome load for close shooting over decoys. I have been hearing guys pounding the Geese at 90 yards with TSS because of its down range energy and high penetration. I won a .410 shotgun that I plan on buying reloading components for it from Prairiewind Decoys. The .410 can pack enough TSS in that small shell that it has more harder hitting pellets than a 12 gauge steel shell. I wish federal or hevi-short would make a water fowl tss load in .410 [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] Steel and lead ammo is cheap as dirt on Rogers Sporting Goods lately. $8-9 A box for decent ammo is a steal. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Today at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Today at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Today at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Today at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Today at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Today at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Today at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Yesterday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Sunday at 11:14 PM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Thursday at 12:11 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
shotgun and new ammo~
Top
Bottom