Shots and pills

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our family has never gotten flu shots and never get the flu. I think these things are affecting people's immune systems. People need to eat more dirt and not worry so damn much about being clean. Toughen the f up!

This. Bacteria on your body is called normal flora and it helps control your white blood cell levels. Anti-bacterial soaps and excessive hand washing are not helpful. I've worked in medicine for 25+ years....healthcare workers are constantly exposed to viruses and bacteria so our white blood cell counts are higher, and most of us rarely get colds or flu.

PS...your brain makes up a fraction of your body weight but contains 25% of your bodies cholesterol. Your brain needs cholesterol.

Glass

★★★ Legendary Member
This. Bacteria on your body is called normal flora and it helps control your white blood cell levels. Anti-bacterial soaps and excessive hand washing are not helpful. I've worked in medicine for 25+ years....healthcare workers are constantly exposed to viruses and bacteria so our white blood cell counts are higher, and most of us rarely get colds or flu.

PS...your brain makes up a fraction of your body weight but contains 25% of your bodies cholesterol. Your brain needs cholesterol.

Agree 100% with you guys. I grew up milking cows. Our whole family rarely if ever got sick. We were exposed to extreme bacteria loads on a daily basis. When I was 16 (im the youngest) my parents saw that their labor was drying up, and the market was decent so we sold the herd. Shortly after that we started getting sick more often, and when we did it was a lot more severe.......just my and my families observation.

We need a greater bacteria load in our daily life and doctors that dont push antibiotics on everyone. Drives me crazy when someone with a cold gets some antibiotics and they think that it helps them get better, no you just hurt your body and covered the docs ass in case they missed an infection.

Last edited:

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nobody has brought up discussing the meds you take with your Pharmacist! I have no doubt they know more about meds that are being prescribed than the Dr. prescribing them.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife works in medical field so she obviously knows more than average joe I guess. I get the flu shot every year. About 3 yrs ago I contracted influenza. Man I had bad body aches, tight chest, fever etc. It lasted about 2 1/2 days. Wife said had I not had the flu shot it would have lasted close to 10 days and fever would have been worse. The flu shot doesn't keep you from getting influenza, it just lessens the severity. I have also had several cortisone shots in joint areas that I trashed from my HS/college sports days. The first few I had worked great but now I think I am immune to them as they have no affect. On another note, what really ticks me off is the prescription prices. Wife told me how a fella came in and they were discussing his issues. He is on a med that cost $9500 a month. How can this be? How can drug companies be allowed to rape consumers?

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Artificial intelligence is needed badly in the medical field. Too much guessing and pill popping going on. Once your Apple Watch can diagnose you it will be much better.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
No one prepares you for taking your first child to daycare. I think we got ebola for a few weeks.

As far as your neck goes, DC, I wouldn't be a 100% on anything without doing an exam. GENERALLY speaking, any clicking you hear (ankles/knees/etc) is usually a tight tendon that's snapping over a bony prominence. My ankles sounds like someone fired off a sleeve of black cat's for the first few steps in the morning. Thanks low-top football shoes as a runningback.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
Artificial intelligence is needed badly in the medical field. Too much guessing and pill popping going on. Once your Apple Watch can diagnose you it will be much better.

Absolutely.

The whole medical industry is pretty much controlled by pharmaceutical companies stockholders.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
flu shot is for viruses ------ bacteria can end up following a virus. Catching viruses -- just like DM said - kids generate em like no tommorow. I went for years without anything - had kids boom --- now that they are older better.

Fact -- you are better off buying the american made and packaged drugs in a foreign country vs the US. The US stuff is watered down. They are scared of lawsuits hence they water it down. So if your dr says you need a Z pack -- go shopping and kill it on first try -- not the 5th. All your doing is spending money or your insurance company's money.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
flu shot is for viruses ------ bacteria can end up following a virus. Catching viruses -- just like DM said - kids generate em like no tommorow. I went for years without anything - had kids boom --- now that they are older better.

Fact -- you are better off buying the american made and packaged drugs in a foreign country vs the US. The US stuff is watered down. They are scared of lawsuits hence they water it down. So if your dr says you need a Z pack -- go shopping and kill it on first try -- not the 5th. All your doing is spending money or your insurance company's money.

See bolded red.

Do you have a reference to cite? 500mg is 500mg in ND, SD, Canada, Mexico, Europe, etc.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
ok - i better clarify --- i was comparing a generic drug purchased in the USA (made in india or china) vs a packaged brand name drug --- that you can purchase for the same price as that generic foreign made purchased in the USA. I am not talking your run of the mill tourist pharmacy in mexico - i am talking a reputable pharm in CA or MX.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
ok - i better clarify --- i was comparing a generic drug purchased in the USA (made in india or china) vs a packaged brand name drug --- that you can purchase for the same price as that generic foreign made purchased in the USA. I am not talking your run of the mill tourist pharmacy in mexico - i am talking a reputable pharm in CA or MX.

That makes much more sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88