Sibley vs Josephine vs Alkaline

Fitz

Established Member
I was wondering if anyone has heard of any kind of fish report coming from either of these three lakes. I have never iced fished them before and do not want to make a wasted trip. More importantly, an ice report for any of them would be appreciated. I told from a friend from a friend from a friend to go to Josephine.

Thanks

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing super specific but have heard good things from both Alkaline and Josephine. Not even a whisper from Sibley which probably means that has the best fishing...lol.

that being said, I plan to hit alkaline either sat or sun this weekend.

Last edited:

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
All 3 had an algae bloom. Sad deal to see all those big dead walleyes on shore

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Josephine does that every year. It's great until late June and then the water gets gross. Maybe some pockets of fish died. I'd really be curious to here some first hand reports.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was at Josephine 2 weeks ago and it was good. fished from 3pm-6pm. Caught close to 2 fish. 1/2 perch and the other half were walleye. Most walleye were about 12" so nothing to take home, but about 5 of the perch I caught were pushing 10". At that time, ice was about 8".

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe this belongs in the old timer's nostalgia thread, but remember when people went fishing without a guarantee of success?

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The life of a fisherman. I've caught more fish in my last two times ice fishing than I had the in the last two years of ice fishing....

Agame24

You and everyone on here! I can tell you all three are capable of providing you a wasted trip right now.

This quote is very accurate, ever since last Friday it didn't matter which lake we went to. The smaller fish were biting but all of the bigger fish that were coming in hugged the bottom and had no interest in our bait. Threw every bait and lure we had at them. The unstable weather we've been having hasn't helped either. Hopefully by the weekend they start getting more active again.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pick a lake know for a good winter walleye bite(all three mentioned) and fish some good structure at sundown. If nothing is caught try a different spot on the same lake till you connect. Sooner or later you’ll find fish. If you go by reports for the most part you’ll be a day late and dollar short. The best bites I have ever had ice fishing were spots I found where I was the only fart smeller fishing it.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ice Conditions on Alkaline may be sketchy in places. Lot of Canadians or something was keeping numerous spots open while most of the lake was froze and "all" surrounding lakes were well frozen over. I'm sure it's froze now, but how well ?

Sparky2_1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was at Josephine today. Slow bite. 8-10 inch perch. 5 half ton pickups drive on this afternoon.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
You and everyone on here! I can tell you all three are capable of providing you a wasted trip right now.

The term "wasted" is in the eye of the beholder. I'd say a day on the couch is "wasted" IMHO. I have yet to catch anything in my living room!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 228
  • This month: 190
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 65