O Silver Bridge Again 9/13/24

SurvivalAmazon88

Established Member
Thankfully the roads were not muddy so I made it to my favorite fishing place at Silver Bridge this morning. Came across two cars parked there, but no people so my spooky bish though something nefarious happened. I Later learned it's a good spot for large buck hunting. I had no clue, so thank you for that information hunter dude I met today.
Got there while it was still dark, a bit chilly. Water was glassy smooth until roughly 11am when the wind picked up a bit.
Bites started around 10am, I caught two smaller pike around 10-15 inches then scooped in two larger pike. One at 30 inches, one at 29.
The wanted nothing to do with my trust spoon caster (don't came at me about the name, this is what I call the fucking things thankksss)
But they loved a solid worm with a bullet weight so that's what got me the fish today. Things calmed down around 11am, no bites after that and I packed up at Noon. Still nothing caught there but pike, still fun. Added pictures from today's adventures.

Attachments

20240913_071707.jpg 20240913_080035.jpg 20240913_082837.jpg 20240913_091136.jpg 20240913_091151.jpg 20240913_091208.jpg 20240913_101236.jpg Snapchat-1682379746.jpg

SurvivalAmazon88

Established Member
I'd never suggest that. There's probably a couple hunters kicking themselves for leaving too soon.
They seemed very nice and respectful. I doubt they'd mention it at all. Now that I know it's hunting season and people will be there, I'll dress acordinly. I've never seen another person before today.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
They seemed very nice and respectful. I doubt they'd mention it at all. Now that I know it's hunting season and people will be there, I'll dress acordinly. I've never seen another person before today.

Aww...: Well; that was fun.

Anyways, I've actually driven over Silver Bridge several times. It looked like a miniature Tressel Valley "paved" with wooden slats. It always seemed solid as hell to me and I was incredulous when they took it out.

I too appreciate it's solitude. In late spring/summer it looks like Alabama.

I'm an AM radio geek and 750 is like stereo FM there.

This is also the place where I taught my boy how to fish plastic worms with his Dale Jr Zebco filled with 6/20 PowerPro. It's a great place for pike. Walleyes are VERY occasional.

I'm glad you respect the mud from the 83 side. If you get bogged down there; it could be dangerous.

I don't think the "Berthold Side" is worth the effort.

That is "all":

Last edited:

SurvivalAmazon88

Established Member
Aww: Well; that was fun.

Anyways, I've actually driven over Silver Bridge several times. It looked like a miniature Tressel Valley "paved" with wooden slats. It always seemed solid as hell to me and I was incredulous when they took it out.

I too appreciate it's solitude. In late spring/summer it looks like Alabama.

I'm an AM radio geek and 750 is like stereo FM there.

This is also the place where I taught my boy how to fish plastic worms with his Dale Jr Zebco filled with 6/20 PowerPro. It's a great place for pike. Walleyes are VERY occasional.

I'm glad you respect the mud from the 83 side. If you get bogged down there; it could be dangerous.

I don't think the "Velva Side" is worth the effort.

That is "all":

Yeah I drive in from Berthold so it's pretty easy to reach. Only about 22 minutes, half gravel. The last 2 miles is the sketchy part. Thankfully the husband is only a call away and can come drag me out if I get stuck anywhere If Im fucking stupid enough to tempt the mud gods. The missing bridge is fun there. And very peaceful. I hope it doesn't become a regular thing seeing people there or I'll have to change places. I prefer solitude to get my along time out of the house.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thankfully the roads were not muddy so I made it to my favorite fishing place at Silver Bridge this morning. Came across two cars parked there, but no people so my spooky bish though something nefarious happened. I Later learned it's a good spot for large buck hunting. I had no clue, so thank you for that information hunter dude I met today.
Got there while it was still dark, a bit chilly. Water was glassy smooth until roughly 11am when the wind picked up a bit.
Bites started around 10am, I caught two smaller pike around 10-15 inches then scooped in two larger pike. One at 30 inches, one at 29.
The wanted nothing to do with my trust spoon caster (don't came at me about the name, this is what I call the fucking things thankksss)
But they loved a solid worm with a bullet weight so that's what got me the fish today. Things calmed down around 11am, no bites after that and I packed up at Noon. Still nothing caught there but pike, still fun. Added pictures from today's adventures.
Are there walleye in there?

SurvivalAmazon88

Established Member
Are there walleye in there?
According to some online reports but Ive been fishing there for a solid two months and have caught nothing but pike lol I've been aiming for walleye off and on here and there but so far nothing around silver bridge, Lake darling ect.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
88, please don't start talking jibberish like svnmag. He's ex air farce, so that should explain a lot of the ranting, non coherent, shit he spews. ...rofl...

Glad to see that you enjoy fishing. (y)

Eyes are there in the spring, after ice out, when they are releasing water from Lake Darling.

SurvivalAmazon88

Established Member
88, please don't start talking jibberish like svnmag. He's ex air farce, so that should explain a lot of the ranting, non coherent, shit he spews. ...rofl...

Glad to see that you enjoy fishing. (y)

Eyes are there in the spring, after ice out, when they are releasing water from Lake Darling.
Good to know, thanks for the tip! I planned on calling it quits when things freeze over and picking back up after things start to thaw anyways lol And I refuse to speak gibberish. The comparison is shocking :ROFLMAO:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 206
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 55