Single Slider Bow Sight

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really can't advise one 1-pin over another but I will plug Spott Hogg's customer service as being second to none. Last year, I sent in my 7 pin to get all new pins and FO cable. Cost me $10 plus shipping and I had it back within about a week of shipping it.

Yes and they have a lifetime warranty.

sbe2

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was having a hard time with sight clutter with a multi pin sight so i went to a single pin sight a while back and have shot much better. I sighted the single pin in for 30 yards and from my stand and the distances that i shoot at I have never had to touch it. For longer distances you have some time to range and adjust put personally I love the single pin sight.

micdundee

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm shooting a Spott Hogg Hogg Father and I really like it. It is on the heavy side though.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a tommy Hogg today. I shot it in scheels. Seems legit.

Who wants to buy a spot Hogg 7 pin???

- - - Updated - - -

Quick question on the single pin once u get to the stand and get it set to your desired yardage( for me it would be 25 and I should be good for anything to 35 possibly 40) do you have to tighten the knob all the way down or can you leave it loose in case one walks out at 50 for quick adjustment eliminte loosening the knob before being able to adjust?

you don't have to tighten it down.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 5 pin currently but I am going back to my old vertical 3 pin(vital bow gear), 25,40,50 yard zeros. I'm just going to try make sure I can make a fatal shot 99 time out of 100 at 50 yards and under and that will be more than enough for me. I really like the vertical pins it really centers up nice on the critters. Also hard to confuse 3 pins if you practice at all

Last edited:

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update: I got the tape on and she's sighted in, although I lost a few arrows finding that 60 yard mark. Even hit the 80 yard target a few times to make sure the up/down is spot on. Looking forward to a summer of shooting

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
FishSticks,
Any update on your preference/experience on the one pin sight? hunting with it? Thinking bout making the switch next spring Thanks

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11