sitka dakota hoodie question

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have this in marsh color. Love it but...it is a three quarter zip. I don't love pullovers. (no it's a cardigan but thx for asking-couldn't resistšŸ˜) I have bad shoulders. I have only worn this a few times. What jacket is basically the same thing but full zipper? KInd of confused on what sitka has now.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
In researching more...I think the Hudson jacket is more what I'm looking at. But wow the price!! Duck oven isn't waterproof and not as tough material.

1850reata

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sort of. The Oven is definitely warm and super comfortable but doesn't have quite as heavy of an exterior as the hoodie. I prefer the oven then use the Delta over that if its really cold or rainy. Main difference from the Hudson and Delta is Hudson has some insulation and the delta is a bit shorter around the waste. During the winter months there are usually sales where you can pick different pieces up at good discounts.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The duck oven is surprisingly water resistant. I know this years was redesigned with a tougher out er shell still I wouldnā€™t say super tough. I used it the other day in a consistent drizzle and stayed dry. That over top the Dakota have been really warm and comfortable. I wear it every morning walking the dog.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really like my hoodie....just not a fan of pullovers. Not sure which route to go for something similar? Prob no route as the prices are nuts. I buy a lot of used sitka stuff.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a dakota jacket, although I think they may have discontinued it. I have one and I like it, do wish it had a hood though. Amazon product

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
For a zip i would say the traverse hoodie would be close but not as warm. I have it in open country and use it during deer layering if its real cold. Its a full zip. For a wind proof the jetstream is waterproof in every thing than a down pour and layered can take you deep into the season.

1850reata

Founding Member
Founding Member
They make the Jetstream in Marsh color now too. Used that in Canada this fall and it was awesome.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88