Slow motion bullets - 1000 frames per second

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Check out the sound barrier breakage, similar to the jets showing the water condensation as they do the same in the air. Also notice how the bullets exit. Maybe that is why most people blink when they fire a gun. There is an instance of bright flash, so fast that it is not seen at regular speed or by the cognizant eye of the shooter, but the brain gets the signal.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
@ ~57sec they musta shot those syrup bottles pretty close, you can see stuff bouncing off them before the bullet gets there, I'm thinking unburned powder. I liked the bullet flipping end over end after going through the peanut butter jar @ ~2:05 as well.

We also learned that the Desert Eagle used in the video doesn't cycle very well.

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like to do photography so some of you photo buffs may find this interesting. Google it because I am relying on memory from 30 years ago. However don't ask me to remember last week.As I understand no camera has fast enough shutter speed to capture a bullet. Even forvhumingbird pictures a flash must be used to get clear pictures of the wing while in flight. My flash is trystor controlled to as fast as 1/35,000 of a sec. New ones are much faster. If you have a couple hundred thousand laying around you can get a flash in a millionth of a sec or less. Bullets are photographed in flight not by the shutter, but by the control of light. The recovery time for my flash is 10 to 20 sec depending on the energy used for the first flash. The flash in those extreme photo flashes is thousands of flashes per sec. Try it with an arrow in flight with your flash in subdued lighting. There are some really neat photos you can get using a flash.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish they would have had those video capabilities when I was a kid and there was a guy on ABC wide world of sports that supposedly caught a bullet with his teeth.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish they would have had those video capabilities when I was a kid and there was a guy on ABC wide world of sports that supposedly caught a bullet with his teeth.
I'm thinking if it was real the bullet would have ended up lodged in the back of his skull. I seen a video on you tube where it appeared sparrows could see a pellet approaching them at 900ft per second. They would start reacting to it before they where hit. Was pretty interesting.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like to do photography so some of you photo buffs may find this interesting. Google it because I am relying on memory from 30 years ago. However don't ask me to remember last week.As I understand no camera has fast enough shutter speed to capture a bullet. Even forvhumingbird pictures a flash must be used to get clear pictures of the wing while in flight. My flash is trystor controlled to as fast as 1/35,000 of a sec. New ones are much faster. If you have a couple hundred thousand laying around you can get a flash in a millionth of a sec or less. Bullets are photographed in flight not by the shutter, but by the control of light. The recovery time for my flash is 10 to 20 sec depending on the energy used for the first flash. The flash in those extreme photo flashes is thousands of flashes per sec. Try it with an arrow in flight with your flash in subdued lighting. There are some really neat photos you can get using a flash.

What the Tittie Sprinkles did you just say?!

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
:) dumb tablet changes words. I don't know what a forvhunginbird is either. I guess for/ hummingbird. Maybe my fingers are not made for small keyboards. I guess I better do a little proof reading.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those videos are amazing. Videos like this should be shown to youth hunters and anyone who is new to shooting so they can appreciate just how deadly these weapons are.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great stuff. Even without the flash, I doubt if I could hold my eyes open through the entire sequence of touching off the svn.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 84
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31