Small town cops...

agriffith

Founding Member
Founding Member
No, but how much crime is going on in that town of 1200?. Why does the one person need to work 24:7?

Where is the county sheriff n the state?
In the county we live in, when a town has it's own police department, the only time the county sheriff's department responds is when a 911 call is received. So, there is no regular patrol in that town. FYI, there can be a lot of drug traffic in a town of 1200 people.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who is killing who? different articles have slightly different number but the reoccurring theme is civilians are killed by police at a far greater rate than police are killed by civilians.

331 cops were shot across the country in 2022, accounting from the National Fraternal Order of Police.
Of officers who were shot in the line of duty, 62 were killed,

US law enforcement killed at least 1,176 people in 2022
In 2022, 132 killings (11%) were cases in which no offense was alleged; 104 cases (9%) were mental health or welfare checks; 98 (8%) involved traffic violations; and 207 (18%) involved other allegations of nonviolent offenses. There were also 93 cases (8%) involving claims of a domestic disturbance and 128 (11%) where the person was allegedly seen with a weapon. Only 370 (31%) involved a potentially more serious situation, with an alleged violent crime.
331 cops shot sounds like they should have shot first at some of those you are presuming innocent.
Some may be more accidental. A lady deputy I worked with one night at the county fair walked into the ladies restroom and a young girl about 15 pulls out a 1911 and points it at the deputy. She pulled the trigger and puff out pops about a 4 inch flame. That lighter looked real in your hand. How stupid do you have to be to do something like that?

Last edited:

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
331 cops shot sounds like they should have shot first at some of those you are presuming innocent.
Some may be more accidental. A lady deputy I worked with one night at the county fair walked into the ladies restroom and a young girl about 15 pulls out a 1911 and points it at the deputy. She pulled the trigger and puff out pops about a 4 inch flame. That lighter looked real in your hand. How stupid do you have to be to do something like that?
Exactly, I had a young punk pull a gun on me in a parking lot about midnight when I was in college. To this day I THINK it was fake but also to this day, "I'm not sure it was." Wasn't willing to take a chance unless I was absolutely sure.

I'm guessing it's illegal to use a pretend gun to threaten someone, especially a police officer.

As far as the police officers all resigning their job I'm not saying they were paid enough. But they did know the pay when they were hired as well as the job expectations. My point is they took an oath when trained and hired and knew the pay scale in advance. Their are lots of jobs that pay move than $22/hour, but it's everyone's choice of the job they desire and the pay they are willing to accept to have the desired job. At the same time I'm pretty sure there are a lot of police jobs that pay more than $22/hour.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Exactly, I had a young punk pull a gun on me in a parking lot about midnight when I was in college. To this day I THINK it was fake but also to this day, "I'm not sure it was." Wasn't willing to take a chance unless I was absolutely sure.

I'm guessing it's illegal to use a pretend gun to threaten someone, especially a police officer.

As far as the police officers all resigning their job I'm not saying they were paid enough. But they did know the pay when they were hired as well as the job expectations. My point is they took an oath when trained and hired and knew the pay scale in advance. Their are lots of jobs that pay move than $22/hour, but it's everyone's choice of the job they desire and the pay they are willing to accept to have the desired job. At the same time I'm pretty sure there are a lot of police jobs that pay more than $22/hour.
People quit and find new jobs every day i dont understand what the big deal is. These guys didnt sign up to be a cop their whole life. Its not like they signed a contract when you join the military.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many of us in our lifetime, has quit a job to go to another job that was either better working conditions or better pay or both?
Not too many people stay at their first job for their whole working career.

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who is killing who? different articles have slightly different number but the reoccurring theme is civilians are killed by police at a far greater rate than police are killed by civilians.

331 cops were shot across the country in 2022, accounting from the National Fraternal Order of Police.
Of officers who were shot in the line of duty, 62 were killed,

US law enforcement killed at least 1,176 people in 2022
In 2022, 132 killings (11%) were cases in which no offense was alleged; 104 cases (9%) were mental health or welfare checks; 98 (8%) involved traffic violations; and 207 (18%) involved other allegations of nonviolent offenses. There were also 93 cases (8%) involving claims of a domestic disturbance and 128 (11%) where the person was allegedly seen with a weapon. Only 370 (31%) involved a potentially more serious situation, with an alleged violent crime.
Statistics can be misleading without providing context. I think you are missing some important data from these numbers. Please provide:

What % of the people killed by cops didn't obey a direct order given by a cop prior to being shot?
What % of the people killed by cops threatened or acted with violence to either the cop or another person prior to being shot?
What % of the people killed by cops had a history of violent behavior prior to being shot?
What % of the people killed by cops would have tested positive for COVID at the time of the shooting and actually should have been classified as a COVID death?

If 331 cops were actually shot, how many others were shot at? I would think that generally the cops have better aim than the criminals, resulting in disproportionate numbers of both groups being "shot".

Of the 331 cops shot, how many of them were involved in an alleged violent crime at the time, justifying the shooting?

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Same with the military, you definitely don't sign for the money!!

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Same with the military, you definitely don't sign for the money!!
In my age group most kids signed up for the money for college not thinking they would ever actually get deployed. Then one month into freshman year of college we sat and watched as planes flew into the WTC. Those kids had ghost white faces as they knew everything they had assumed had suddenly just drastically changed.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well I signed the day Desert Storm started and it got over with before I even got the chance to go to boot camp. That's how dumb I was. lol

In retrospect I'm still glad I did it, for the most part.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Statistics can be misleading without providing context. I think you are missing some important data from these numbers. Please provide:

What % of the people killed by cops didn't obey a direct order given by a cop prior to being shot?
What % of the people killed by cops threatened or acted with violence to either the cop or another person prior to being shot?
What % of the people killed by cops had a history of violent behavior prior to being shot?
What % of the people killed by cops would have tested positive for COVID at the time of the shooting and actually should have been classified as a COVID death?

If 331 cops were actually shot, how many others were shot at? I would think that generally the cops have better aim than the criminals, resulting in disproportionate numbers of both groups being "shot".

Of the 331 cops shot, how many of them were involved in an alleged violent crime at the time, justifying the shooting?
1. Are you saying disobeying a direct order from a cop is automatic death sentence?
2. your second question is answered in the statistics presented.
3. You can't shoot and kill someone for something they did yesterday. a persons history does not justify shooting and killing them, they would have had to have been threatening or committing a violent act at the time of the shooting .
4. most likely zero because if they tested positive that would have been listed as their official cause of death because those keeping covid numbers wanted them as high as they could get them to allow them to control the masses.
5. I looked for that statistic but could not find anything. I did find a few that were acquitted of charges because it was deemed self defense.

What alleged violent crimes did these civilians commit that resulted in their death ?
132 killings were cases in which no offense was alleged
98 involved traffic violations;

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
1. Are you saying disobeying a direct order from a cop is automatic death sentence?
2. your second question is answered in the statistics presented.
3. You can't shoot and kill someone for something they did yesterday. a persons history does not justify shooting and killing them, they would have had to have been threatening or committing a violent act at the time of the shooting .
4. most likely zero because if they tested positive that would have been listed as their official cause of death because those keeping covid numbers wanted them as high as they could get them to allow them to control the masses.
5. I looked for that statistic but could not find anything. I did find a few that were acquitted of charges because it was deemed self defense.

What alleged violent crimes did these civilians commit that resulted in their death ?
132 killings were cases in which no offense was alleged
98 involved traffic violations;
Never took you as a big defund the police and George Floyd guy.

Common sense is so lost in todays world.

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
You can support the police and still acknowledge there's room for improvement. Blind support is not "common sense"

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Such
They sentenced that cop who did nothing wrong in the george floyd situation to like 4 years in prison recently... Its a bad time to be a cop, especially in a blue state!
Such a f up railroad job...
M fer oding on fetenyal
Then these ghetto ppl glorified this clown gf.

Thankless job,recent police getting ambushed, grand forks,two here in mpls making a traffic stop,

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
No, but how much crime is going on in that town of 1200?. Why does the one person need to work 24:7?

Where is the county sheriff n the state?
The jest i get from local news,these officers are on call 24/7,few if any late night shopping sprees but if a citizen needs help...

Further these officers are asking for comparable pay as neighboring county deputies are paid $30hr.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can support the police and still acknowledge there's room for improvement. Blind support is not "common sense"
No one said blind support. Making them sound like they are out blasting a lot of people is blind stupidity. There is always room for improvement. What’s the stat on people getting shot that just shut the fuck up swallow their pride for a few short minutes and listen. I know I have been in situations that I have caused and have no bullet holes to show. In very rare instances do you have cops just showing up for no reason and start Rodney kinging mother fuckers.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84