Small town cops...

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
All resigned yesterday in southern Minnesota including the chief...

Suspect more cities will follow,Minnesota leaders suck,knee cap our folks in blue,blame them for trying to do a thankless job ,ghetto trash running wild...then our police are held accountable for enforcing our laws,asswipes that fail to understand what comply means, resist arrest,shit happens...sad deal

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
what happened down there now?
Im sure more employment issues will come out,but the major stumbling block is long hours,little pay,$22/hr,zero recuits coming in..upside this county ( goodhue) has very little to no crime,farming community, dui's,speeding...

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
From the newscast I saw it sounded like it was mostly a pay issue. Add in some working conditions and it's easier to say "I quit" I'd guess.

I'm retired so I don't know what it's like to work at some jobs these days. I do go back into the school occasionally to help out and I don't have any trouble with students. Sometimes wonder if the work ethics are lacking and to many think everything is always supposed to be without any problems or issues. I'm not sure what kind of job is without challenges, that's life.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
cop, people could shoot you, putting up with drunk people, shift work and did i mention people probably will try to shoot you? 22.00 an hour no thanks.
Who is killing who? different articles have slightly different number but the reoccurring theme is civilians are killed by police at a far greater rate than police are killed by civilians.

331 cops were shot across the country in 2022, accounting from the National Fraternal Order of Police.
Of officers who were shot in the line of duty, 62 were killed,

US law enforcement killed at least 1,176 people in 2022
In 2022, 132 killings (11%) were cases in which no offense was alleged; 104 cases (9%) were mental health or welfare checks; 98 (8%) involved traffic violations; and 207 (18%) involved other allegations of nonviolent offenses. There were also 93 cases (8%) involving claims of a domestic disturbance and 128 (11%) where the person was allegedly seen with a weapon. Only 370 (31%) involved a potentially more serious situation, with an alleged violent crime.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some people likely had it coming
Who is killing who? different articles have slightly different number but the reoccurring theme is civilians are killed by police at a far greater rate than police are killed by civilians.

331 cops were shot across the country in 2022, accounting from the National Fraternal Order of Police.
Of officers who were shot in the line of duty, 62 were killed,

US law enforcement killed at least 1,176 people in 2022
In 2022, 132 killings (11%) were cases in which no offense was alleged; 104 cases (9%) were mental health or welfare checks; 98 (8%) involved traffic violations; and 207 (18%) involved other allegations of nonviolent offenses. There were also 93 cases (8%) involving claims of a domestic disturbance and 128 (11%) where the person was allegedly seen with a weapon. Only 370 (31%) involved a potentially more serious situation, with an alleged violent crime.

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
When taco johns night shift starts at 21 an hr I believe a cop for 22 benefits or not is ridiculous.
I went to school for law enforcement my first year in the oil field I made 80k as a shop hand back in 2002 starting wage for a cop in the same town was 40k I never looked back.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd like to know the details. There are a lot of tyrannical cops out there these days violating citizens' rights.
Seems the 6 officer's on call 24/7 feel under paid,chief concurd,low pay,he backed his deputies

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84