Small updates to the site

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Maybe I'm blind, but I do not see where the above images are located. I see the star for adding to the reputation which pops up for options on I approve or I disapprove not the + or -.
wy eld.jpg

Also, regarding the reputation, I understand the concept but the only I way I have found to see the list of reps added, is when being notified of a new one posted. I can't seem to find any other spot to get back to the list.

According to the FAQ, there is postive, neutral and negative. With the pop up (star), You have I approve or disapprove. I'm sure the disapprove issues the negative rep, but the I approve - does that issue positive or neutral?

this is on the full site - on my laptop right now.

You are correct. The "+" symbol is for giving positive reputation. The "-" symbol is for giving negative reputation. The pics you are seeing are the old pics. Might need to refresh or, worst case scenario, clear your cache. You can view your reputation info on your profile under the "reputation" tab. As you gain rep the green bar in your postbit will increase to additional green bars (pic below).
Untitled.jpg
This system allows me to give special abilities to highly regarded members. Special forums, groups, abilities, etc ...
None of these are in place as of now, as the reputation system is still in its infancy.

Sorry, i should have clarified. Please ask more questions about this if you have them.

edit: There is not a reputation tab when viewing your own profile. Only when viewing other peoples profiles. To view your own, go to "settings" and on that page it will list your "reputations received" and "reputations given" along with the stuff that you have subscribed to.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry, I should have thought of that myself, sniffing too many fumes from polyurethane has clouded my thinking tonight.

Clearing the cache solved the issue with the images.

ETA: I was also expecting to see them in a different spot than where they are which was throwing me off.

Last edited:

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Sorry, I should have thought of that myself, sniffing too many fumes from polyurethane has clouded my thinking tonight.

Clearing the cache solved the issue with the images.

I should note, that there is not a reputation tab when viewing your own profile. Only when viewing other peoples profiles. To view your own, go to "settings" and on that page it will list your "reputations received" and "reputations given" along with the stuff that you have subscribed to.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
I should note, that there is not a reputation tab when viewing your own profile. Only when viewing other peoples profiles. To view your own, go to "settings" and on that page it will list your "reputations received" and "reputations given" along with the stuff that you have subscribed to.

There they are! Didn't think to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
There they are! Didn't think to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page.

Could probably be designed better. I will revisit it when i implement the features that go along with reputations.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Two deals Boss: 1. I would like active threads to go back to top and not have to sift through all the academia. This morning the site seems a bit blocked up and I would like faster access to threads I'm involved/interested in I hope others share this opinion. B. How can I permanently stop the thread notifications in my personal email. I do indeed get quite enough reading material there. I tried blocking it and it goes to "junk" instead of inbox. I don't want to be notified, would rather tool around here.

- - - Updated - - -

Two deals Boss: 1. I would like active threads to go back to top and not have to sift through all the academia. This morning the site seems a bit blocked up and I would like faster access to threads I'm involved/interested in I hope others share this opinion. B. How can I permanently stop the thread notifications in my personal email. I do indeed get quite enough reading material there. I tried blocking it and it goes to "junk" instead of inbox. I don't want to be notified, would rather tool around here.

- - - Updated - - -

I see "A" is in effect. Sorry, thanks for patience. I think I have the honor of FIRST double poster! Thumbs Up
Must be the "blockage" I speak off. Also cursor after thumbs up plus spacebar=bottom of page?

- - - Updated - - -

I really hate this one box deal. I believed this site was all about me?....

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I still can't grasp the "view unread post" button. In the thread that had 7 pages, the first time I clicked it took me to 1st post, 2nd click to top of 2nd page, 3rd click top of 3rd page etc Do I need to log out for the function to work? I generally just close the tab and never hit the log out button. Seems like all the threads have the "view unread post" on them even though some are old and no new post are to be found? TIA

- - - Updated - - -

just found when I am in settings looking at subscribed threads the "view unread" took me to the next unread, so the issue is just on the thread or list of threads page. Now if I could figure out how to bulk unsubscribe so I don't get all these emails

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I'm looking into it. To reset everything click the 'mark all forums as read'. I generally use the 'last post' button, but you are right, this needs a tweak.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Could you add the attached images to fishing reports, so we can show our catch with photos? (for the nonbelievers LOL)

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok, I love the site, and your willingness to tweak things to make it truly awesome. I just have one gripe.... how do I stop my email inbox from being flooded every evening with updates on threads I've posted on? It's cray

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Ok, I love the site, and your willingness to tweak things to make it truly awesome. I just have one gripe.... how do I stop my email inbox from being flooded every evening with updates on threads I've posted on? It's cray

If you go to settings .. on that page you should be able to edit your subscriptions

here:
http://nodakangler.com/forums/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all

You probably want to change your subscription settings as well.
Go to - settings - then general settings
Untitled.jpg

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ah yes, thanks for that V. I was getting tired of the emails as well.

LukeLuke

Founding Member
Founding Member
You are hammering it out bro! This site is like a Ferrari compared to the clunker I had been driving.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88