Small updates to the site

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking good Vollmer. This site is getting eaiser to use every day. The updates are perfect.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
OR...reset profile with a fake email address...

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now what am I doing wrong, I have it set to "do not subscribe" but I am still getting emails. Any help....

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think you have to unsubscribe from all the threads that you were set up for email alert, and then change your setting so you don't get an alert when you subscribe to a thread.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Now what am I doing wrong, I have it set to "do not subscribe" but I am still getting emails. Any help....

^ what wormwiggler said ... click settings, and on that page will be a list of your subscribed to threads ... use the checkbox to mass click, then unsubscribe

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know if I have a setting wrong, but I show "new" posts in threads that have not have any activity for days, and the last post is very familiar to me. I don't have a solid enough memory to say for certain that I have read it anyway.

Sometimes that "view unread posts" works, sometimes it takes me to first post. I have been trying to figure out if it works from certain pages and not from others.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I don't know if I have a setting wrong, but I show "new" posts in threads that have not have any activity for days, and the last post is very familiar to me. I don't have a solid enough memory to say for certain that I have read it anyway.

Sometimes that "view unread posts" works, sometimes it takes me to first post. I have been trying to figure out if it works from certain pages and not from others.

I've been messing with it too. Works for me, but seems to get confused sometimes when I flip-flop between pc, and mobile.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't been on the mobile site but a little bit, so all my comments are from the big site. So many bells and whistles.. learn something new all the time

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I haven't been on the mobile site but a little bit, so all my comments are from the big site. So many bells and whistles.. learn something new all the time

I'll research it. Do you click the "remember me" checkbox when logging in?

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I stay logged in all the time, just open and close browser or browser tabs.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I have increased the size of avatars to 160x160. Something a few members had asked for. You will need to re-upload your avatar to take advantage of new sizing.

Added games section.

Updated site navigation.

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
great site! Would it be possible to have a go to weather map? So I wouldn t have to navigate in and out of this site.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you click on a thread in the recent activity pane on the right side of screen, it would be nice if it took you to the most recent post, or at least the last page, instead of the beginning of the thread, if thats possible. Or if you hover, it showed available pages so you could click on the last one....

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
When you click on a thread in the recent activity pane on the right side of screen, it would be nice if it took you to the most recent post, or at least the last page, instead of the beginning of the thread, if thats possible. Or if you hover, it showed available pages so you could click on the last one....

yeah I have that on my list ... thx

tricky one for me

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
great site! Would it be possible to have a go to weather map? So I wouldn t have to navigate in and out of this site.

I was looking at an app for that. I didn't put it in because I assumed everyone just looks on their phone, but I'll add it to my 'to do' list.

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also tried that last night and no emails today. Thanks for the great site V!!

What is the max size for uploading pics? I have tried uploading quite a few and get the error they are to big. Not sure how that works because from what I can tell the site re-sizes them anyways...

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I also tried that last night and no emails today. Thanks for the great site V!!

What is the max size for uploading pics? I have tried uploading quite a few and get the error they are to big. Not sure how that works because from what I can tell the site re-sizes them anyways...

Which option are you using for posting pics?

Untitled.jpg

This button is the best option ^^^

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
V, that's the option I use when trying to upload in a comment. I also had the same problem last night trying to add pics to my albums.

I am trying add a pic tonight that it wouldn't let me add last night...will let ya know.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm, it worked tonight. Maybe I am crazy!

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
There are base limitations to avoid insecurities, but this is the 1st I've heard of photo upload issues in the photos section. let me know if you run into it again.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88