Snowpocalypse

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
On the news here this morning about the big snow storm in Californication yesterday. The snowplows and snowblowers that are by the Nevada State line all broke down and couldn't keep up.
Maybe that darn State will finally fall in the ocean??? :unsure: :sneaky:

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Day two,still dumping,another two weather events following this storm,8ft of snow shut down tahoe ski area,gotta be a first

Actually i cant figured out how ppl can afford lift tickets these days,earlier this winter whilst at vail ski area $250/day,deal breaker for young families.i remember bitching about paying $8/day back in the day
1000000381.jpg

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Big sky is around $250 a day now as well and that doesn't even get you tram access. These ski resorts continue to get more expensive and continue to get busier so they have no incentive to keep prices low. I'm almost glad I'm at the age to hang it up and start heading to a beach or fishing trips instead.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I couldn't agree more,spent over 20 yrs winters in various western resorts from Colorado to Wyoming and montana winters then alaska north slope summers ( its a struggle scratching out a living in ski resorts but damn....

Big sky is around $250 a day now as well and that doesn't even get you tram access. These ski resorts continue to get more expensive and continue to get busier so they have no incentive to keep prices low. I'm almost glad I'm at the age to hang it up and start heading to a beach or fishing trips instead.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
$250 a day for skiing??? Damn. Yeah I’ll stick to fishing

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
$250 a day for skiing??? Damn. Yeah I’ll stick to fishing
That's if purchase your ticket the same day you're going to ski. If you plan it out like most people do you will get a discount on your ticket(s). Still stupid high, but not $250 a day high. I paid somewhere around $360 for 2 days of skiing at Big Sky back in December, purchased them about a month prior to our arrival.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Big Sky is nuts! Go to Whitefish, better prices, only 90 per day if you ski more than 2 days. Been to just about all the ski resorts in MT....Brigder, Big Sky, Whitefish, Red lodge.......but haven't skied in a while now.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Big Sky is nuts! Go to Whitefish, better prices, only 90 per day if you ski more than 2 days. Been to just about all the ski resorts in MT....Brigder, Big Sky, Whitefish, Red lodge.......but haven't skied in a while now.
Yeah Whitefish is my favorite of the MT resorts, it just kind of sucks to get too. Bismarck to Bozeman or Red lodge is just an afternoon drive.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Starting to hear and see some information coming across that we could see some decent snowfall in the coming week and maybe beyond. And if we do get it, the cool air could stick around until after the first week of April before we would see some serious melting. Will have to monitor over the next couple days. Plenty of time to prepare and pick myself some beer and maybe top off my stock of whiskey. (y)

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Minots in the clear for the low. You Fargo people are a direct hit so far. It will shift yet tho.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Might not be completely out but all the standing melt water disappeared the last 3 days. Good enough for me

Noon news a week ago said there was only about a 15" frost line to start with. Somebody yanking our chain.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84