Spearing on Sakakawea

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
How is everybody doing this year?

I've only been out once, second time doesn't really count as we only sat for 20 minutes after moving the house. We basically sat all day the first day and only saw 4 little ones. The one we speared had a ton of smelt and a perch in its belly. We were in 8-10fow.

Is anybody having luck spearing over deeper water? I'm thinking with the high bait fish populations the pike are a little deeper chasing the smelts around.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
First spot was on the edge of the creek, back up in the bay aways and could barely make out the decoy on the bottom of 10fow. Second spot was 150 yards up the shore in 8fow and water was clear. 3rd spot was across the bay by the guard camp in 10fow and could barely make out the decoy on the bottom in 10fow again.

Opie11

Founding Member
Founding Member
We've gotten a few since I talked to you a couple weeks ago. Still have the house to the west of the landing on Douglas. Water has cleared up a pretty nicely over there. Could just nicely see egg shells on the bottom in 10' when we moved and now it is really clear at that depth. Biggest was 13# others have been 5 or less.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 132
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 49