spinner storage

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Two finger method and cheap or free business card folder(s)...
055050110031.jpg

^^^^This^^^^
Works well and doesn't take up much space.

LiebelsGuide

Founding Member
Founding Member

Cabelas used to have a small tackle box with 6 of the small tackle buddies in it. I have 2 of them, one for my crawler rigs and one for leech/minnow rigs. Out of the 6 in each box I usually have 2 buddies set aside for props, 2 for smile blades, 1 for lindy's/slow death, and 1 for spinners, although i rarely use a spinner. I keep those close for easy access.

I know have a couple other 3700 boxes full of tackle buddies. You need to have alot of rigs ready for guiding. There are many nights where i get tired of tying rigs, but tying them is so much cheaper than buying.

Last edited:

89bluefin

Founding Member
Founding Member
1108311747996_is.jpg

Don't buy these peaces of sh**!!! I used it once and a hour in the hot sun they would bend to the tension of the one side having a spinner on it ...they all look like a half moon now trashed all of em and use the box for original floating rapalas

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wrap and use a little zip loc bag. Also have a small box filled with tackle buddy's.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty identical to my set up. I haven't purchased the bagged up ones in years...if you can't tie your own you must be too dumb and lazy...haha just like replacing boat floors:;:

Damnit, now i gotta start making my own bread, making coffee in the morning, and using those god forsaken ice cube trays again ;:;banghead

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
thanks for all the ideas! I think I have decided to stay with what I have been doing. wrapped around fingers and put in a small baggie. for some reason I think I have to have a few hundred of them with me at all times! I may have to invest into the business card holder things though. would make it a lot easier to page through them.

lostinnd

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been using tackle buddies for years. Not sure if they still make them but they used to have a plano box that held 6 or so of the rolls. Easy way to keep about 100 spinners in one box tangle free.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been using the tackle buddy with the green caps for years and they work great

0000000020276.jpg

I have 3 of the longer ones in my tackle bag,1 for spinners rigs, 1 for Lindy's, and 1 for slow death rigs, but they are mostly empty as it only takes me a minuet or two to tie up new ones(if I have my classes on). I keep the components to make them in my bag also. I can't remember the last time I bought a pre made spinner or Lindy.

Last edited:

sig357

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know someone said they didn't want to used a noodle, but I use those water pipe insulators for that you can buy athe menards. Think they are about $5 or less and you can cut them to whatever length you want. Also they FLOAT. Which is great bonus. Been using these for years now. You won't be disapinted.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 182
  • This month: 159
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57