image.jpg

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ishmael at 80 years old (What did that taste like) No don't tell me ;:;barf

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Grasshoppers and ants, but the one that looks the strangest is amaebi. It's a sweet shrimp where they serve the tail raw, but paired with the rest of the body deep fried. Always get a few strange looks when you eat this one with the tentacles and black eyes sticking out.

amaebi.jpg

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
the porcupine? it was well seasoned and cooked over a camp fire. so, i thought it was surprisingly good. albeit a bit greasy. however, i was probably 23 deep into a case of budweiser. so, i might not be the best judge.

i left the party early one day and missed out on it. but, my friends ate a bunch of blackbirds one day after a good crop depredation shoot.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had dog in Morocco once. Very tough, very spicy, very dry, and the glass of water that came with it was far too small. Now that I think of it, I probably shouldn't have drank that water.

Shark tacos from San Diego, not sure what kind of shark, but delish. Chicken feet (more or less on a dare, from my then-future inlaws). My father in law talks about fried northern pike tail.

Fried skipjack. Took one bite (very likely prepared wrong) and scooped it into the garbage. Bullheads from cold water were great. Fish soup from a Vietnamese restaurant in Minneapolis. Looked like a bowl of hot urine, but tasted delicious.

I'm sure there's more...

Dad

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mountain lion would make top my list. It tasted like human.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

I figured it was just more of the tens of dishes being shuffled in by the waitress in a two hour strange food fest...

Until I saw that movement at lower right. Thought it was a maggot at first! :eek:

Then I realized it was just a tentacle... down the shoot she went and it was mighty fine eats I kid you not.

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Llama.

Edit: I suppose I should throw in mountain lion, rattle snake, local frogs, river clams, indian breadroot, cattail, syrup from boxelder trees etc.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
when it looks like a plate full of mucous and possibly still moving, I would have to be full on drunk to be putting that in my mouth.

If it isn't appealing to the eye it is quite difficult to eat, presentation is lacking in that pile of snot you posted there #guywhoeatsvomit

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
when it looks like a plate full of mucous and possibly still moving, I would have to be full on drunk to be putting that in my mouth.

If it isn't appealing to the eye it is quite difficult to eat, presentation is lacking in that pile of snot you posted there #guywhoeatsvomit

there were many beers and liquor and sake - every 15 minutes they'd come and replace the myriad of food with yet another myriad... worst of the bunch by far was sea urchin sitting in a "sauce" that was actually squeezins from a sea cucumber - yes, snot-like stuff squeezed out of a sea cucumber - that was the only nasty thing out the dozens they served

Seoul Food Fest.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

ha ha... the American guy who was with me is a "Subway" guy.

He ate like 4 things, turned white, just drank after that. Geez what a miserable experience for him. A culinary acid trip for guywhofishes. :;:rockit

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
so this characters feed you snot, and make you sit on the damn floor and eat it...hahah
#worstbusinesstripever

jk. I travel for my work, but only within the USofA, would actually like to see some of that other obscure culture that I tend to snub my nose at.

mrs johnr has more culture than me, and has also eaten some of the gut pile these other than Americans eat.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ah yes, I forgot about the uni (sea urchin), #guywhoeatsanything. It's actually the ovaries that you are eating when you eat uni. Very advanced eating there, and probably the one sushi dish I cannot handle yet.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah, that seating is not optimal for gluttony event

took me 10 minutes to stand erect afterward

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bolut, squid ink spaghetti, along with a few of the others people have already listed. I used to be a bit more adventurous.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It appears to me the guy on the right is unimpressed with the smell of your feet.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
there were many beers and liquor and sake - every 15 minutes they'd come and replace the myriad of food with yet another myriad... worst of the bunch by far was sea urchin sitting in a "sauce" that was actually squeezins from a sea cucumber - yes, snot-like stuff squeezed out of a sea cucumber - that was the only nasty thing out the dozens they served

7be7be0a687a453cccd03264edbc34a2774bb8160e5e537254c162d66848da64_1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

ha ha... the American guy who was with me is a "Subway" guy.

He ate like 4 things, turned white, just drank after that. Geez what a miserable experience for him. A culinary acid trip for guywhofishes. :;:rockit

Metting with Chinese heroin smugglers. They feed him what they say is poisonous and to get the antidote he must help them get the drugs to the US market. He does this in mcgyver like fashion only to find out there was no poison at all! Now state side, he wants revenge, but he goes fishing instead and laughs the whole thing off as an unfortunate event after drinking a 6 pack of stella.

International man of mystery that guywhofishes is

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 11