Strangest things you've ever eaten?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since we are talking bout strange things, let's hear some of the strangest crap you've ever put in your mouth. Ok. That sounds weird. Let's clarify. Strangest thing you've ever eaten. I will start:

Worms, grasshopper, frogs, bullhead (got caught in throat. so, it didn't make it to stomach), minnow, porcupine, cocks comb, cocks balls (not really balls. But, it's a roosters version of rocky Mountain oysters), cocks feet, eggs before they were layed, raw goose heart, gasoline... just to name a few. Will try think of more.

bigcatpike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love to eat jackrabbit and frogs legs. If I have any frogs left over after catfishing I like to fry em in butter. Bullheads are very good when you catch them before July. Ate carp once and I don't think I will ever try it again. It tasted like a muddy chicken.;:;badidea

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Snake, alligator, hossenfefer sp, bull testicles, eskargo sp, chocolate covered grasshoppers, spam, raw fish, leech, moldy bread, sour milk, moon shine that made a guys brother loose his sight, and many other not so smart food items

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nd raised prairie ratlr twice. Won't b a third time, not worth the effort for 2 #2 yellow pencil sized backstraps

Oh, and it tasted like snake

bigcatpike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh I once had a Wienerschnitzel sandwich. It was pretty tasty. And once I made jackrabbit jerky. That was very good as well. I don't care for hossenfeffer. Too much vinegar for me.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I ain't mistaken, wiener-schnitzel is just a funny word for chicken fried steak of which I'm a real big fan.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had about a handful of flatheads out of the bucket while ice fishing. Only bad part was the two or three flops you feel before they die. Never tried chewing one. As far a intended cuisine I guess tripe soup I've had quite a bit of growing up. I'll eat that again.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lots of misc sea creatures, ray, shark, raw tuna, raw oyster, urchin, squid etc... Rattle snake, iguana, bullfrog legs, gator.

Bullfrog legs are surprisingly good.

Coyotefool69

Founding Member
Founding Member
Coyote sausage.... Not good by the way and a half cooked carp over a fire....both garbage

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Y'all know...these crawfish up here probably taste a little better than those harvested out of hot dead assed stagnant LA swamp....as y'all say; just sayin'...Ok back to the high strangeness.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh forgot about fried fish eggs. Usually better if the sac is intact. Bread and fry with the rest of the fish. Not bad tasting. It's a textural nightmare. Also beware of an egg getting outside the breading. They turn into live fire real fast. Safety glasses wouldn't be a bad idea.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, frog legs, muskrat, possum, raccoon and there was the crazy girl I dated in college....

...she made squirrel brains for me once. Never again.

Last edited:

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guinea Pig - delicacy in Peru apparently. Too bad I didn't speak much Spanish, but it ended up tasting like chicken. Go figure.

squirrel92

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since we are talking bout strange things, let's hear some of the strangest crap you've ever put in your mouth. Ok. That sounds weird. Let's clarify. Strangest thing you've ever eaten. I will start:

Worms, grasshopper, frogs, bullhead (got caught in throat. so, it didn't make it to stomach), minnow, porcupine, cocks comb, cocks balls (not really balls. But, it's a roosters version of rocky Mountain oysters), cocks feet, eggs before they were layed, raw goose heart, gasoline... just to name a few. Will try think of more.

How was the porcupine?

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tomorrow I be cookin some gator up so we can cross that one off the ole list. Never tried it, but sounds like it should be ok.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11