Sturgis Web Cams

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
https://youtu.be/Q2GlGYNkYFI

https://youtu.be/Xl1tmfloXug

- - - Updated - - -

Video posted due to titty shake. Pard has a 4-speed '60's Impala. When he's not worried about blowing the block or death he drops a gear producing a pleasing experience of acceleration and tone. I believe his car could be grudgingly accepted at Sturgis over time. I understand Honda's are not destroyed. IDK. Not as radical as scrubbing your buddy's balls in the shower tent Downrange.

"When the fear has left you put on down and go on"

I'm sure the above is not the original intent of the lyric.

- - - Updated - - -

"If you think the road is a bore then you're faking it"--That's fucking genius.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this song sounds like live 70's KISS.

Last edited:

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thanx Mr steve for posting these sites,not a biker but enjoy watching the tradition,I'm seeing more and more folks on trikes these days,safety?Harley bikes are spendy the way it is ,trikes gotta really break the bank eh?

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
The scourge of the earth is here again and in force. The bikes showed up big time last Wednesday and things are really busy now. Took a break from it and headed west for a long weekend, a bit of an escape before this week. Not sure what it is about having bikes everywhere, after living in it for 25 years it seems more and more than bikes think they own the road during the rally. We were going down the road at 65 mph with a loaded horse trailer and literally had 5 bikes pull out in front of us. Basically pushed the horses forward into the drop and divider trying to not run them over. It's amazing more don't get hurt with the stupidity I see on a regular basis during the rally. The economic benefit of the rally is great, but after living here and dealing with it this long I hate those two weeks more than any of the year. Unless you love sitting on main street in Sturgis surrounded by bikes, come in June instead. Way less traffic, you won't pay $8 for a beer, and will really get to enjoy the hills. There are a lot of middle age to old folks on bikes (and trikes) these days, not much of a younger crowd though. Will be curious to see what the demographic is like in another 20 years.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanx Mr steve for posting these sites,not a biker but enjoy watching the tradition,I'm seeing more and more folks on trikes these days,safety?Harley bikes are spendy the way it is ,trikes gotta really break the bank eh?
More Trikes because of us Baby Boomers. We went Trike because of all my neck and back surgeries, my right leg gives out with no warning and If I stopped on a bike and no right leg, down we would go. I can't pick up a bike anymore either. Only time I do miss a bike now is when one is in the twisties. That used to be fun.
Mid to upper $20's will get you a nice used Trike, new $40-$50,000, depending on what you go. We like Honda Goldwings as I can't stand or be around loud piped bikes since my stroke, it gives me an instant headache. Like the Goldwings ride and all the accessories,also they are water cooled.
Not a fan of the newer Harleys, being old, I like the old Panhead and Shovelhead bikes, just don't like their noise when people run straight pipes.

Last edited:

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thanx BBJ, I'm told those harley trikes have bukoo HP,do they have reverse? bet honda does,agreed bitch getting old,watching my pop's at 93 yrs old fade has me not wanting to get much older,his light of life is flickering with his dementia,every week I see more decline,saturday's I bring him produce,he loves banana's,water melon chunks etc.gave him a few bucks just incase he tips the staff at the home which I doubt,growning up in the depression pretty sure he still has every nickle he ever made stashed somewhere,2 minutes after giving my dad a few bucks he counts it and asks me "did you give this to me?Sad deal.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
As far as I know the Harley Tri glide and the Free wheeler have reverse. These are trikes.
You can put reverse in a Harley.
Back in the day some of the old hand shifting Harley's had reverse. My brother had one.
Honda Goldwings come with reverse and it is electric on the Honda's.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The scourge of the earth is here again and in force. The bikes showed up big time last Wednesday and things are really busy now. Took a break from it and headed west for a long weekend, a bit of an escape before this week. Not sure what it is about having bikes everywhere, after living in it for 25 years it seems more and more than bikes think they own the road during the rally. We were going down the road at 65 mph with a loaded horse trailer and literally had 5 bikes pull out in front of us. Basically pushed the horses forward into the drop and divider trying to not run them over. It's amazing more don't get hurt with the stupidity I see on a regular basis during the rally. The economic benefit of the rally is great, but after living here and dealing with it this long I hate those two weeks more than any of the year. Unless you love sitting on main street in Sturgis surrounded by bikes, come in June instead. Way less traffic, you won't pay $8 for a beer, and will really get to enjoy the hills. There are a lot of middle age to old folks on bikes (and trikes) these days, not much of a younger crowd though. Will be curious to see what the demographic is like in another 20 years.

Some of the younger guys i know went out last weekend and they said there was no shortage of 20 something tail around down town at night.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
it appears to me that drinking beer is the main activity so my question is how do you drink beer for hours then get on a bike and ride away?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stayed at Glencoe camp ground this year, was a shit show. Loved it.
They had some big trees for shade so I only had to run the generator minimally when making coffee in the morning, and cooling the toy hauler down for the afternoon.
The titty alley was fun, lots of young girls showing off their talent.

mrs johnr and the other ladies in our group didn't indulge, which is the way I prefer it.

Some people really went all out on decorating their camp area, must spend months designing and building some of them.

Worth a trip through at least once in your life..

By the way stopping at a bar to cool down and have a bottle of water and a beer, sure doesn't make one a danger on the road, but did see a few different guys have to walk the line. Spent all day Saturday riding, stopped in 6 different bars, had 3 beers the entire day. However in the evening after the bikes were parked, the Jack was flowing.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Too bad Glencoe doesn't have cameras up with a live feed. Have heard some wild stories about that place.
Clothing is optional for some, even for old geezers I was told.

257Bob

Founding Member
Founding Member
Friday afternoon I90 was a shitshow, . WB in the Wall area we saw 3 different accidents within about 10 miles, 2 involved bikes and at one it looked like there were fatalities. I'm glad that I never got the motorcycle itch. One of my brothers did, he died on 16A a week ago.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i did sturgis about 20 years straight, till bout 15 years ago... too many wing tips came in so i quit... got too dangerous...

i rode thousands of miles with drunk and stoned hard cores... always felt safe... cuz they rode... a lot... and could handle anything...

3 a breast through the twisties @ 80 was safe if you knew how to ride... now you ride 100 miles per year and watch a couple you tube vids and you're an expert...

good luck...

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Too bad Glencoe doesn't have cameras up with a live feed. Have heard some wild stories about that place.
Clothing is optional for some, even for old geezers I was told.

I dunno know Jack something about old geezers and water ballons doesn't sit well with me,best keep they're cloths on.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Friday afternoon I90 was a shitshow, . WB in the Wall area we saw 3 different accidents within about 10 miles, 2 involved bikes and at one it looked like there were fatalities. I'm glad that I never got the motorcycle itch. One of my brothers did, he died on 16A a week ago.
Sorry to hear Bob.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know a local highway patrolman and he says that inexperience is the #1 issue right now. Too many trailer queens that don't have many miles under their belts. The curves eat them up all of the hills let alone just the significant level of traffic compared to any normal riding. Leads to a lot more unsafe conditions and accidents. I90 is roaring today and tomorrow for WY Wednesday will be a mess I'm sure. Things usually start tapering down by Thursday but everyone is saying this is a huge year. Not sure if biggest every but we'll see.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry for your loss.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93