Sunscreen?

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't. Wear a long-sleeved SPF 50 shirt that keeps me really cool a hat and a buff.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put on some 40 spf when I'm still at home so I can wash my hands. Typically just on my neck , ears and legs. Then I wear a long sleeve tech shirt and hat.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pants, long sleeved shirt, spray on for my face, ears, etc.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
we ndrs need to absorb some vitamin D, the 8 months of winter are sole stealers.
I put on my face, bald spot, and neck. Then I let the sun gods regenerate my peaked system.

My kids get smeared with spf 30, and the wife puts on spf 8 or 10 or something like that.

brand wise I think its copper tone, or whatever name brand it is out there, I am cheap but some things I just feel better buying the name brand stuff.

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
I usually use the copper tone active spray. Either 30 or 50 spf.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have found this stuff works well...
2211901-1.jpg

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I usually wear long sleeves and long pants(Cabelas guide gear or the like). Some on the neck and ears if it is going to be a 12 hour marathon day. Otherwise my exposed skin tans up real quick for those short 3-6 hour sessions.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
my brother - who has lived in HI for 30 years, is constantly getting cancerous and pre-cancerous crap cut off his face - no freakin thanks says I

so for the last 10 years I've been pretty diligent about getting the sun screen on early - I wish I was as smart as dirtymike and put it on ahead of time at home to avoid greasy hands

I do it at the very start of the day and for the last 5-10 years or so I use Banana Boat Sport 50 SPF (yes, they say going past 30 doesn't make a diff but I say go for the max UV blocking ingredient possible)
k2-_a620f13f-9881-426b-ac0e-741074ed81c6.v1.jpg

I reapply in rub areas where clothes take it off and maybe half way through the day

people see me wearing white long sleeve t-shirts on hot days and often laugh at me - I just shake my head and wonder how they can't have figured out white long sleeves are actually cooler than no sleeves in the sun (white reflects the sunlight while black absorbs it)

here's a cute little number for those that are on the fence regarding which color to wear on the lake

6db643cc7cb4b5cafa68471c5034b3fd-1.jpg

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I always make sure to have Lip balm in SPF "Im in heaven"! I always burn my lips and ears.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Banana Boat or Coppertone Sport 50 in the aerosol so I don't have to wipe the lotion onto my hands and apply. I also use the SPF-50 long sleeved shirts so the only spray is to the face/neck. I have the full brim hat with the sunscreen neck protector, so the only thing getting the sun is the front of my neck and my cheeks/chin.

I can handle the above setup until about 85 degrees. When it gets above than I'm usually headed to shore and come back out in the evening/sundown action.

Banana Boat also makes an SPF-30 lip balm that I keep in the boat's glove box. Ever burned your lips??? Owwie!

Maggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use Eltamd UV Clear SPF 46.
It works great for oily skin, because it doesn't clog the pores and doesn't feel heavy on the skin.
I have really sensitive skin so I have to be careful about what I use, and this sunscreen was great for me. It doesn't have any chemicals in the ingredients, so it's good.
I think this will work great for you because it will protect your skin and give you moisture without feeling heavy.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep - you guys are so right. Burned lips are really bad and a lot of times people say they "wind-chapped" their lips. WRONG. It's a burn.

I was never advised as a kid or adult to put sunscreen on my lips. Took me a while to figure that out on my own - grrrr.

I just rub some of the Banana Boat Sport lotion on my lips. Works just as good as "balm" and if you don't get stupid sloppy there's no chemically taste at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I use Eltamd UV Clear SPF 46.
It works great for oily skin, because it doesn't clog the pores and doesn't feel heavy on the skin.
I have really sensitive skin so I have to be careful about what I use, and this sunscreen was great for me. It doesn't have any chemicals in the ingredients, so it's good.
I think this will work great for you because it will protect your skin and give you moisture without feeling heavy.

wow - your avatar pic suggests that stuff really is good for your skin! Thumbs Up

also - it's weird that you joined NDA just now - what a coincidence :;:howdy

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
The sun and heat really doesn't bother me much and that can really make things worse. Don't use sunscreen and stay out way to long. Last year I didn't notice a thing til I got back in the pickup and realized I got cooked in the kayak. Have a few more freckles on my shoulders now so I've decided to make an effort to stop the insanity. Picked up some of these for 80% off on a facebook special and some sleeves. I also cant stand sunglasses but I've going to make myself use them as well.
VERDUROUS-BUFF-WITH-EXCLUSIVE-SA-CAMO2-274x293.jpg

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mrs johnr gets as colored as an African American most summers, she seems to think she is immune to skin cancer

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75