Tadpole Diving Weights?

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone use the Offshore Tadpole diving weights? Considering using them off boards to run short leads and reduce tangles. I think only minnowbaits will work as larger lures will trip the mechanism. I’ve used them for crappie trolling before with small jigs with success. Just haven’t pulled anything larger.

grumster

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I use jet divers off of inline boards with shallow running (5' to 8') hard plastics for mid to late summer walleyes. I have no experience with the tadpoles, if that helps at all.

Attachments

Jet Diver.png

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have considered Jets but even then you need 100’ to get to depth right? Might as well buy some and throw them with the dipseys I never use lol.

grumster

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have considered Jets but even then you need 100’ to get to depth right? Might as well buy some and throw them with the dipseys I never use lol.
They make Jets in 20', 30', 40' and 50' I believe. I run 30' jets and never let them out 100', I adjust accordingly. They're a tool, like dipsy's...lol

I would think the tadpole divers would be good up until you toss a deep diving crank on one..?

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have never looked at the Jet dive curves. Running 30’s short could work. Tadpole will pull a stick bait but nothing that pulls hard. I would pull floating raps or Husky Jerks. 45 feet back and you’re close to 20’ down.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 214
  • This month: 141
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70