Tagged fish?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I got my $100 check last week Thumbs Up, but never got the info on the fish. Guess a call or e -mail tomorrow to try to find out.

WLYHNTR

Founding Member
Founding Member
Caught 2 this spring tagged and they had only made it around a month after being tagged b4 they made it to deep fryer heaven. Have caught 6 tagged fish in 4 years.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I talked to a guy quite a few years ago that caught a tagged fish. It was tagged at white earth and he caught it in the Van Hook Arm three days later

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I caught a tagged fish in late June in the Swan Creek area of Oahe. It was not a $100 reward tag, but I intended to call it in, until I left the damn tag at the cleaning station! Oh well.

Loebs lake cabin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've caugt a few over the years but had a buddy of mine fishing with me last fall south of pollock and he caught 2 in one day. My wife caught one a few weeks ago south of pollock, waiting to get the info back on that one.

PC Angler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have caught 10 Salmon over the years with the chip in the head, (Caudal fin clipped). When you turn the head into the Game and Fish they send you a letter telling what year the fish was released, where it was released, and what size it was. last spring and summer my neighbor and I caught 4 Walleyes just south of the tailrace past the 2nd Coal vein. All were from SD Game and Fish and one of them was a $100 tag. All with the tag in the lower jaw.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have caught 10 Salmon over the years with the chip in the head, (Caudal fin clipped). When you turn the head into the Game and Fish they send you a letter telling what year the fish was released, where it was released, and what size it was. last spring and summer my neighbor and I caught 4 Walleyes just south of the tailrace past the 2nd Coal vein. All were from SD Game and Fish and one of them was a $100 tag. All with the tag in the lower jaw.

They may not have been released in SD. SD & ND are doing a joint study.

Pigsticker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got our info back on the tagged fish we caught this spring. Actually came in the mail quite awhile ago but I just forgot to post the findings until I came across the paper again.

Our fish was 16 3/4" at the time of catch. We never weighed it. The data told us that this fish was tagged at the Intake Diversion Dam on the Yellowstone river near Glendive, MT on 04/08/2015. The fish was 16.5" long and was 1.4 lbs at the time of tagging. We caught the fish near antelope flats on 05/23/2015. The report says that this fish migrated downstream a total of 169 river miles in 46 days. That an average of 3.67 miles per day!

Data for other fish that were recently caught was also included and many of those fish had similar migration patterns both up and down river from their tagging points. The farthest one actually averaged 6.75 miles per day swimming upstream (108 miles in 16 days)! The longest recorded for 2014 and 2015 data was 249 river miles.

Really some cool data.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dang it I still need to find out the info on my reward fish. I got the check, but not the certificate, which tell when and where it was released.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got my check two weeks ago and am also still awaiting the tagging information.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never caught a tagged fish in my life. But! Watched G & F shock-harvest a ton of eyes at the Heskett last fall, and was able to talk to one of the guys in the boat. They were all (I believe it was 2,000) tagged and released just north of Bismarck. I hope to get my mitts on one someday. Maybe even a Hondo one.

L1&Q1

Founding Member
Founding Member
caught one a few years back south of Mobridge around the end of May it was tagged 30 days earlier at Beaver bay in ND. I've caught several tagged fish but not any money fish yet.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 53
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 27
  • This month: 20
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18