Tents

Brian Halse

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't worry about the brand name. Just make sure it has tandem wheels and an air conditioner. :;:cheers

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update: spent the weekend with the family camping in the Land of 10,000 Blue Plates. Coleman 14x10 Instant Tent was AWESOME. It really does take just 2 minutes to set up, then just stake it down. Rained on us Saturday night, we stayed dry. Tear down is also easy. Takes like 10 minutes to break it down and get it back in the bag.

Not sure what the life expectancy of the tent is, but I hope to use it for a long time. There are two models, one with a waterproof roof and no rain fly, another with a screen roof and rain fly. We went with the no-rain fly model. Think it was $200.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think I'll be getting one soon as well. One thing I do know is the cots they sell look a lot more comfy than crashing on the ground. Maybe just getting old. :;:smokin

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The packing and extreme planning of tent camping is hard on an older, fatter gentleman, no penis problems. Just cant get excited about pitching a tent...haha

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to pitch a hell of a tent back in the day, now I'm so fat I can't even tell if I pitched one.:;:help

Pigsticker

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just bought the alps mountaineering lynx 4. Its room enough for 3 cots. 4 guys are tight on the floor with pads but it's doable. Has vestibules for stashing outdoor gear and sets up super easy. Seems like it will be durable. And it's pretty lite for its size for packing in.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 77