What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Texas Aoudad
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="luvcatchingbass" data-source="post: 402946" data-attributes="member: 1979"><p>I have been trying to plan a Texas Aoudad hunt for the last few months, there are so many outfitters and varying prices that it was hard to decide who to go with for an outfitter. I had contacted Hosted Hunts and talked to a good guy that really helped sort things out and was about to pull the trigger on an outfitter he had been to 2-3 times and could describe everything to me so I knew what I was getting into and that the hunt style fit what I wanted to get out of the hunt. Well then I found out our Safari Club International Red River Valley Chapter had one coming up on live auction for out banquet that was held this past weekend so I bid on it and got the hunt, saved $2,000 from what I was looking at paying. </p><p>I still need to contact the outfitter and get the whole lowdown and schedule the dates. I am hoping to plan for about February 2025. Is there anyone that has done one of these hunts? Is there any advice or things I should be thinking about or asking? Current plan is to use my 7mm Rem Mag, upgrade my scope which is on the docket anyways and currently looking at options, currently running Berger Hybrid Hunter 168gr but can work up something else if need be for any reason as I'm not necessarily locked into those.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="luvcatchingbass, post: 402946, member: 1979"] I have been trying to plan a Texas Aoudad hunt for the last few months, there are so many outfitters and varying prices that it was hard to decide who to go with for an outfitter. I had contacted Hosted Hunts and talked to a good guy that really helped sort things out and was about to pull the trigger on an outfitter he had been to 2-3 times and could describe everything to me so I knew what I was getting into and that the hunt style fit what I wanted to get out of the hunt. Well then I found out our Safari Club International Red River Valley Chapter had one coming up on live auction for out banquet that was held this past weekend so I bid on it and got the hunt, saved $2,000 from what I was looking at paying. I still need to contact the outfitter and get the whole lowdown and schedule the dates. I am hoping to plan for about February 2025. Is there anyone that has done one of these hunts? Is there any advice or things I should be thinking about or asking? Current plan is to use my 7mm Rem Mag, upgrade my scope which is on the docket anyways and currently looking at options, currently running Berger Hybrid Hunter 168gr but can work up something else if need be for any reason as I'm not necessarily locked into those. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Today at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Today at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Today at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Today at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Today at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Today at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Today at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Yesterday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Sunday at 11:14 PM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Thursday at 12:11 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Texas Aoudad
Top
Bottom