Thermal Scopes

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn man. I wish!!!

So with your experience, is there any reasonable compromises to be made on these things?. IF you were to compromise, where would you do it; processor, mag, objective, other bells and whistles?

If I was going to get a lesser grade model it would be on the objective, you don't want anything under a 640 otherwise you won't be happy with the resolution it will look like a Minecraft game and you don't want to skimp on the processor or it will skip and hesitate, 60hz is pretty much real time. The zoom isn't a deal breaker either, digital zoom pretty much sucks in all of them and to be honest 200 yds is a poke at night, 90% of all of my shots are close to 100 yds or under. 50mm objective is as small as I'd go.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I was going to get a lesser grade model it would be on the objective, you don't want anything under a 640 otherwise you won't be happy with the resolution it will look like a Minecraft game and you don't want to skimp on the processor or it will skip and hesitate, 60hz is pretty much real time. The zoom isn't a deal breaker either, digital zoom pretty much sucks in all of them and to be honest 200 yds is a poke at night, 90% of all of my shots are close to 100 yds or under. 50mm objective is as small as I'd go.

Thanks for the info.

The Pulsar Trail XP50 appears to be about as "budget friendly" as a guy can get, while maintaining good specs.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My $2,000.00 scope just got put on hold after reading what USMCDI had to say, Thanks

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34