thin water walleyes

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you catch walleyes in shallow water casting jigs or crank baits is there anything better. That smack that you get is addicting. I don't think there is a better way to get personal with a fish then that. A close 2nd is Bass fishing with top water on a calm morning also gets the blood pumping. Damn my hands are sweating just thinking about it. I feel fish flu coming on:D

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
This past weekend we were fishing from the rocks at DL. I decided to go grab another rod, throw a jig n plastic paddletail on it, and give er a whirl. Caught 3 walleye with 1st 3 casts. All of a sudden my 9 year old became the adult, telling me to settle down before I crack my skull open on the rocks. I was excited lol

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you catch walleyes in shallow water casting jigs or crank baits is there anything better. That smack that you get is addicting. I don't think there is a better way to get personal with a fish then that. A close 2nd is Bass fishing with top water on a calm morning also gets the blood pumping. Damn my hands are sweating just thinking about it. I feel fish flu coming on:D

How about walleyes on a topwater on a calm morning outta skinny water?

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never tried, but I bet you could catch a walleye on top water in Devil's Lake. Some type of walk-the-dog or even a sub-surface one like a Rapala Subwalk.

It's a blast when you're bobber fishing with one pole and casting cranks with the other and catching walleyes and white bass.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
hell yea when they hit it and scare the crap out of you

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got a friend hooked on pitching cranks this year and it's funny he was more excited than the little kids in the boat next to us... I agree though I have to remind myself to slow down after catching one

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 91
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 59