Things an adult should know how to do without Youtube

undguy

Founding Member
Founding Member
With all due offense, archery and rimfire rifles should be required teaching for everyone, thereby also should be sighting in of same.

Gutting a deer is not much different than dissecting a frog. The deer is larger, likely to be warmer, and doesn't smell like formaldehyde but getting the viscera out is pretty much the same process.

11. Sharpening a knife.

I prefer the gutless method. Less mess, doesn’t take much longer and leaves something for the scavengers to eat instead of being tossed in the dumpster.

12. Drive a boat even if you don’t fish. Plenty of folks on the Missouri on nice weekend days who don’t seem to know.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Adults should know......Basic cooking to include washing pots, pans, and other items without damaging them. How to sort, wash, and fold laundry while understanding the differences is fabrics like wool, silk, cotton, etc. Basic sewing techniques and how they apply to different fabrics. How to shop for groceries, and last but not least..........Learn financial responsibility, credit management, budgeting, and how to balance a checkbook/credit card account.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I second KDM on how to cook. Anything you can get at a restaurant, you can make at home. And, it will be better, because you give a shit. Nothing pisses me off more than paying $15+ for something, and it's garbage because they don't care.. I've boycotted every restaurant in my town for life at least twice (get to the bottom of the list and give them another shot). You can please someone 9 times out of 10, but they only remember that 10th time.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't interrupt - priceless.

Learning how to fix a button - also priceless.

I have used youtube a few times to learn how to remove a lightbulb in a vehicle. Sometimes it's better to watch someone else (online) do it before heading to the garage and breaking some access panel - or a finger.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are somethings that U tube can not teach and is sorely missing in this world. Respect and common courtesy to your fellow humans comes to mind.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
i admit i did have to google that one ahab because that is one of those words you just to hear to often, is googling acceptable

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think you find that on YouTube, I think you find that on websites you have to pay for............

Well, it was kind of a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: I guess you can find that on Youtube as well.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, it was kind of a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: I guess you can find that on Youtube as well.

Given that you found what you were looking for on YouTube, I'm going to go ahead and guess that you have significantly different filter settings than I do.......

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
13) Pleasuring your Mrs.
It brings more joy to the giver at certain dimensions and antiquities when appropriate.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I cannot back a trailer to save my ass. I live in shame.

Go slower and use your mirrors more rather than turning to look. I'm not saying a person needs to be fast nor be able to parallel park the damned thing. But, one should be able to slowly back a trailer into a spot or down a ramp that 2x-3x wider than the trailer.

I'm actually astonished nobody's copped to not being able to run a ratchet-strap. I've seen an awful lot of folks that let the ratchet strap make them look like they belong behind bars getting in turd-fights with the other monkeys.

If the tag end of the ratchet-strap is whipping in the wind, you're in the monkey cage as well.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just cut the extra length off.

Are you under the assumption that ratchet-straps are "single-use"? We're talking ratchet-straps, not zip-ties.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88